Author Topic: Are you getting the point?  (Read 484 times)

Ice

Are you getting the point?
« on: January 19, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
In regards to polling for interest in full realism features, perhaps the four or five of you who reponded positively for their inclusion in AH, are finally getting the point.

Of the small percentage of players that post actively on this board, even a smaller percentage want or seem to voice a desire for full realism features such as you have polled for.

A balance needs to exist in order for gameplay not to suffer and for AH to grow. Having said that, I have flown for years in RL and would enjoy a higher degree of realism regarding the flying of the aircraft in AH, but not at the expense of gameplay and future growth.

Just an observation

Ice

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2001, 09:35:00 AM »

Of the small percentage of players that post actively on this board, even a smaller percentage want or seem to voice a desire for full realism features such as you have polled for.

True. Everybody here knows what perk points are but in MA you see daily questions what are perk points. Those who read this board are minority.

------------------
jochen Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey I/SG 5

Sieg oder bolsevismus!
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Pepino

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2001, 09:58:00 AM »
I fully agree on your points, Ice.

First concern, at this stage of the game: numbers.

My threads (hmmm...really overshoot the whole thing, heh) are aimed not to bring realism to MA (I would like, but I realise that maybe it's not doable at the present time), but to see wether realism desires are majority or not within this forum. Even though I might agree that board readers are minority, with regards to the total number of playes, I think that we are a valid feedback indicator because:

a) We are (I feel we are) more compromised with the game/sim

b) We usually been flying AH for long.

I do not want to bring anything to AH. I stated several times before that I trust Htc. in their work, and It's evident that they are really hitting the target with the gameplay/realism balance, just look at the numbers. My interest is only informative. I dislike sentences like "...we do not need that..."  or "....this is gamey for the majority of us...." just for the sake of it, and I would like to see some numbers. Maybe the ones not present here see things otherwise, but the opinions/votes here are actual numbers, and represent actual flyiers' opinions on some particular issues. That's all.

Ah! sorry for the flood!  

Cheers,

Pepe