Author Topic: Rubinho Wins :)  (Read 506 times)

funked

Rubinho Wins :)
« on: July 30, 2000, 12:11:00 PM »

This was even better than when Alesi won!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2000, 12:19:00 PM »
De La Rosa 6th...and he was running in 4th position for a good part of the race!!

And that with a piece of crap like the Arrows...give him a McLaren and you'll see a PILOT (Hakkinen, dont hideeee!!!       )

BTW I think that next race Arrows will run with an official Peugeot engine...
Dont call it "surprise" when you start to see a spanish on the podium  

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 07-30-2000).]

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2000, 03:39:00 PM »
<-- Going to see Hungarian GP  

funked

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2000, 04:01:00 PM »
I'm going to US GP.  

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2000, 04:01:00 PM »
Fisi should be banned for lifetime as Zonta  
again, a sad sad day for Schumi  
But it was a HELL of a race!!!

Rubinho deserved it 100%, an outstanding job!  

someone saw this crazy guy walking at the cicuit during the race !? crazy man.

----------------
Gh0stFT

A.K.A. Winner of the Desk Envy

"you had to be careful in dogfights when you were
 turning hard, flying on the brink of a stall,
 because the buck of the guns was enough to peel
 off a few critical miles per hour and make the
 Mustang simply stop flying." - Col C. E. "Bud" Anderson

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2000, 01:28:00 PM »
Wow, F1 fans!  I never checked in here before.. <G>

WTG Rubinho!

btw GhostFT... I'm a Schumi fan and a race driver from way back... but I'm here to tell ya Schumi screwed up.  Nothing Fisi could do at that point, he was under maximum braking going into a corner, he could not slow down any faster.  Schumi gambled to try to pull a late apex move on Coultard and he lost.  I still think Schumi is the best driver in F1, and I hope he wins this year, but he screwed up on Sunday himself IMHO.  It wouldn't have mattered who happened to be in Fisi's spot, nobody could have moved in time.

Now Zonta... well, taking out your team mate just sucks.  Hopefully they'll get Jaques a decent team-mate.  Who knows, maybe his team-mate will end up being Button... that would be cool.

At least the points championship is getting interesting now.  I'd like to see Rubinho win another and get in striking distance. <G>

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"My P-47 is a pretty good ship, she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip.
Just thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip, always got me through so far."
 - Steve Earl

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2000, 01:39:00 PM »
Oh, and RAM, you got it wrong.

Arrows will have re-badged old Peugot engines next year maintained by some Japanese-sounding company.  They will not be factory engines.  Arrows has been faster than Prost this year anyway.  A Peugot engine isn't a good one unfortunately.

But yes, I thought Pedro did a fantastic job in the race on Sunday.  I'd like to see what he could do in a better quality car.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"My P-47 is a pretty good ship, she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip.
Just thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip, always got me through so far."
 - Steve Earl

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2000, 12:37:00 PM »
WTG Ruebens!

His celebration on the podium was really cool. Touching yet very amusing all at the same time.

Hehe, gotta love that Schumi spin on the first lap.  

Dang it Funked, had I known you were going to the US GP, I woulda tried to get tickets myself!

[This message has been edited by banana (edited 08-01-2000).]

funked

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2000, 03:39:00 PM »
banana I might be able to get you a ticket...

The only victory celebration I enjoyed more than Reubens' was Jean Alesi in Montreal 1994.

I was sitting at the hairpin where several Tifosi groups had booked blocks of tickets.  So everytime Jean or Gerhard Berger came by, the flags would wave, and everybody would cheer.  Jean got more applause, being a francophone in Quebec, as well as carrying Gilles Villeneuve's #27.

Jean ran a strong 2nd in the race, but Schumacher was long gone.  Then on Schumi's last pit stop, there was a problem, and Alesi took the lead.  

Alesi said he first learned of Schumi's problem by watching the TV screen(!) in our corner.  He realized that he would win, and said he nearly crashed because he was blinded by tears on the next lap.

Anyways, we saw Schumi's problem the same way Jean did, on TV, and the fans went APE toejam.  The bleachers were shaking.  Every time Alesi came by, everybody was on their feet screaming and waving.  He even waved to us a couple of times in the final laps.

There was nearly a tragedy on the last lap, when hundreds of over-excited fans got onto the edges of the track and some of them crossed the track.

But Alesi won the race and when he came around to our section of the track on the cool-down lap, he started undoing his belts, and tried to stand up in the cockpit and wave while the car was moving.  The car stalled of course, so he hopped out and started jumping around, waving and gesturing, and the crowd went nuts and started to swarm him.

At this time, Schumacher showed up and stopped, and motioned for Jean to hop aboard.  Alesi hopped on Schumi's car, straddling the engine compartment with one foot on each sidebox.  He grabbed the roll bar with one hand and stood up, then Schumi started the car and they rode back to the pits with Alesi standing and waving.