Author Topic: Yay! 2 skins in the queue!  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Yay! 2 skins in the queue!
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2005, 11:36:32 AM »
Originally posted by oboe
Now its kinda confusing though - lots of the skins there are obsolete due to model changes.

They removed those, if I recall. I think the 15 slots are all taken up by recent submissions. There has been a veritable boom in the p51D skins, haven't you noticed? At least it seems that way in the past months here in this forum.

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2005, 11:39:28 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
They removed those, if I recall. I think the 15 slots are all taken up by recent submissions. There has been a veritable boom in the p51D skins, haven't you noticed? At least it seems that way in the past months here in this forum.

I wonder if in all those submitted 51 skins there's a Tuskeegee skin????  :rolleyes:
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2005, 11:54:11 AM »
You'd have to ask Skuzzy. He's been thinking about a list of the accepted skins/skins in review, so he might let ya know if ya ask :)

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2005, 12:56:22 PM »
most 51 skins came from machnix ;)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2005, 01:14:27 PM »
I might be wrong here - but I thought that as folks hone their skills at skinning, the quality of thier skins will increase, and they could "bump" out other skins that might be deemed sub-par in comparison.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2005, 01:51:56 PM »
thats what I thought as well waffle.

it seems a better system than rotating in sub-par skins.

I think the quality of many skins done quickly right after the plane was released are ussually pretty low quality and replacing them with very refined high quality skins would be preferable maybe not to the skinner getting bumped but to the players using the skins.

that may sound harsh but the skins I think need to be bumped if any by higher quality skins are the ones the skinner only spent a week making from rehashing the default skin anyway. and you can always tell which ones those are.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2005, 02:05:25 PM »
my skinning is gettng better but i have to be in the mood  and some times that takes weeks or months i started  i think 5 p51d skins and i think my yellow nosed one was good enough for the grade but didnt send it in after some one posted on here they had theres.
I posted 2 skins on the skin site and the rest are siting in a folder.
   personaly i think maybe a couple of skins from one skinner should be sent in to give the others a chance then if theres any room next time send a better one in but not ones that all look the bloody same apart from a red stripe or yellow stripe.
   i noticed some where some one did 5 skins that basicly were the same apart from a stripe or two i just hope he didnt submit them all and others got a chance

oh yes and i know i submitted 3 p47d11 before any one says 2 were drab one silver  but one was for hap1 and id already sent in the drab one

the silver one was too late
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2005, 04:22:33 PM »
Some of us suk at skin making ;)

Since ive spent two years in adobe i can make a great looking skin if i wanted to.

Was gunna remake right after being accepted.

Anways i don't think its fair to us that some get to make 5 or 6 of one plane..

(edit i did my fast because i knew people would spam 51d slots dont matter now haha)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 04:28:29 PM by SkyChimp »