Author Topic: Not AH but another game...problem  (Read 322 times)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Not AH but another game...problem
« on: November 01, 2005, 05:25:58 PM »
Skuzzy..if this is inappropriate....lock it down...I understand.

I just bought a new PC. It is an AMD Athlon 64 FX57 with Dual Nvidea 7800 GTX 256 cards , 2 gig of ram , Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Sound Card.

Now....I have loaded the game. Insttalled the patch. I can launch it and even drive for a while. But , when I want to get out of the car , and it starts playing that replay part , it locks my system up. Boots me out and gives me that Blue screen. System Machine Check. I have a Momo racing wheel. Saitek X52 Joystick and CH Rudder pedals. I have made SURE that the stick was unplugged when I started to play. Pedals I dont remember if I did or not.

I am pretty sure I have the latest drivers for both sound and video.

Any ideas as to why I would get this that anyone could tell me?

I guess you should be familiar with Nascar 2003 season...but this just baffles me.

It runs EXCELLENT on my wifes HP 820 Dualcore.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 09:23:03 AM »
Hi RedTop,

i play NR3002, i have had the same problem since Feb when i went
AMD64/Nforce4. i could race in my car fine  but f i watched a replay or watched another car in LIVE replay id BSD out with a MCE error. my system changed from amd barton on a Nforce3 mb to a amd64 3200/nforce4, rest of system was same including the audigy2 ZS. last month i went to a different MB maker, amd64 4000, still had same problem.well PSU went bad and zapped some hardware, including my sound card. so i went and got a Audigy4(was gona get a X-Fi but none locally), i havent tried  it out alot wiht NR2003 but i think it fixed our BSD problem.

if you want to see if its the sound card run it with the card disabled (no sound), and/or try the onboard sound. i think thier is something in the audigy2 cards on Nforce4 Mb that Nr 2003 doesnt like.

only problem with going  to audigy4 or X-Fi is they no longer support
joysticks, so ull need a new way to  plug JS up. either by usb adaptor or MB hookup.

whels

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 12:04:16 PM »
Creative soundcards are notorious for causing problems in the past. I'm surprised they haven't changed.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 12:26:48 PM »
Uhmm,..just to clarify, the problems with Creative sound cards are only when they are used in an AMD system.  There has never been any real issue with Intel based systems and Creative sound cards.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 04:16:30 PM »
Thanks Guys for the help.

Skuzzy thanks to you for letting the thread stay here.

I'll give that disableing sound card thing a try.

I will say this puter ROCKS ACES HIGH THO. Maxed on everything. and Solid 70FPS with no dips hardly at all. If it does it goes down to maybe 65. :lol

Just have it set to that TRefresh rate to save monitor troubles.

I'm extremely pleased with the new system outside of Nascar issue.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 10:22:12 PM »
I quit playing NR2003 simply because I was having to hit escape every 30 seconds or so because the sound would start skipping out on me with my onboard sound. I even changed systems and it still does it.

Current system is an AMD A64 3200+ w/ 1GB DDR400 RAM and a BFG 6800 nVidia card. But like I said every time that I go to drive the cars in the game I might get 30 seconds before the sound starts skipping and then I hit escape and its good for another 30 seconds. I posted this several times on the Papyrus help boards and nothing worked that they suggested. Even a few workarounds that came from the guys who worked on the game.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"