Author Topic: Router issue  (Read 497 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Router issue
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 11:12:27 PM »
Is that a bad sound ratio?

Is it safe to assume that it's your opinion that the router is ok? Even though the modem doesnt reset while connected directly to either comp? Or have I just been lucky and not had that happen yet? Sometimes it does go for hours and hours w/o resetting while connected to the router. Other times it will reset repeatedly in a 10 or 15 minute time frame.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Router issue
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 11:44:25 PM »
do you have secured wireless?( WEP)
sometimes when somone stealling your signal router can overload and lock up

anyway if its not this, just go to closest Fry's and get new one for 25-30$ (bestbuy is much more expencive)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Router issue
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 12:05:57 AM »
Originally posted by ramzey
do you have secured wireless?( WEP)
sometimes when somone stealling your signal router can overload and lock up

anyway if its not this, just go to closest Fry's and get new one for 25-30$ (bestbuy is much more expencive)

Wired network, not wireless :)
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Router issue
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 08:17:27 AM »
Elfie, I had the same router as U.  I also had the same problem as U have but I on DSL.  I went and bought a new wired/wireless router.  Still had same problem with new router.  I turns out that my ISP was my problem or the modem itself had issues.  When I switched ISP's 1 month ago, my problems went away.  The connection type has changed as far as protocal.  I went for a static IP to a pppoe type connection.  I haven't got booted ever since.  Now I had this problem for almost a year and I swore it had something to do with AH because I would only get modem reset when I was playing AH, never any other game.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Router issue
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 05:56:30 PM »
Cable company came out and took a look at things. Took the old modem with them and left a brand new one yesterday morning. So far things are looking real good, havent had a single modem reset since then.

Would like to thank you all for your replies again, is greatly appreciated :)