Author Topic: Why don't we just turn them over to the state  (Read 344 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Why don't we just turn them over to the state
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 11:51:33 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
I've allways heard it was the great depression of the late 20's/30's that gave us the "greatest generation"  didn't we have prohibition in the 20's?

that's why it was called the great depression.  :aok

if you think prohibition made one whit of difference to america's drug habit (alcohol is a drug, mmmkay?) or had any sort of effect on the national economy you need to research more into america's love affair with drugs. start with when various currently illegal substances were made "illegal."

smart thinking says, legalize and tax...  let god sort 'em out when the time comes.

let's not even get into america's "legal" drug habit as pushed by the AMA and the Pharmaceutical Industry.

What made the "Greatest Generation" was the (un)fortuitous onset of WW2.

What really screws up our country - the depression, the 70's, and probably the 2020's are politicians locked lips to hips with big money with only short-term interests in mind.

Greed.  Unbridled greed, not mere licentiousness or moral terpitude, is what creates severe societal probelms. Yanno, that old saw, "The love of money(power)...."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 11:59:24 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Denny_Crane!

• Zinc Member
      • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_Crane
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 12:26:11 AM »
Children are a blight upon society. Why anyone would ever bother with them is quite beyond my capability to comprehend. All in all, they are just an unfortunate side affect to sex.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 12:27:51 AM »
Originally posted by Denny_Crane!
Children are a blight upon society. Why anyone would ever bother with them is quite beyond my capability to comprehend. All in all, they are just an unfortunate side affect to sex.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  

:O

SHADES ACCOUNT!  :furious

:lol