Author Topic: Credit for landing on fields  (Read 588 times)

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
Credit for landing on fields
« on: November 16, 2005, 07:57:59 PM »
I REEEAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLY dont get why I cant get credit for landing kills on MY OWN airfield just because Im not on the pavement.  Its ridiculous really.  A lot of airfields in WWII were nothing more than a field.  Pilots werent denied full credit for their kills because of this, that Im aware of.  Even if they ditched miles from base.  Some even received credit while in POW camps.

I dont know how many times Ive had to ditch on a field and not get credit for it.  I would assume that it probably wouldnt change players ranks much because everyone would be on even terms.  Just the principle I guess.

So could we please get credit where credit is due! Maybe those additional "system" kills landed announcement could be waived in this case but if its on the field it should be full credit reguardless.  I would say the same even if its in a city or other type of base.  A ditch should be off base!

Respectfully
MUZIK
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 08:47:04 PM »
Muzik, I believe many moons ago Hitech responded to simular post stating he sees it as an added challenge to get the bird on the concrete and doesn't plan to change it. Might wanna do a search for more info on it.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 08:50:07 PM »
Hrm... I'd generally agree with muzik. Super are you sure 'bout that? First I heard of it, but then I don't read every post in these forums, quite a few get past me.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 09:00:22 PM »
Yeah was awhile ago, when I 1st started last november. Not sure they still have the threads when this forum was called game ideas or whatever it was. What I said wasn't word for word, just the gist of it. He actually wrote a fairly long reply but I can't remember it all. I am on board with you guys about this though. I don't know why landing on the concrete is so critical.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 09:05:40 PM »
Forget the entire field... I'd like a swath of 20 feet on each side of the runway. That alone would help!

So many times I've had a rough landing, skidded JUST off the side and ditched.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 08:40:29 AM »
I agree Krusty.....I would settle with 20 feet off the runway....We are the the point if more than 50% of your airplane is off the runway you have now ditched....I just dont get it....How about GV's?  Think about how little cement there is per size of the field...Anyone find skuzzys responce that dud is talking about'?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 09:32:14 AM »
If some had the power to Click the SEARCH button.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 12:38:27 PM »
give em an inch - they take a mile :)