Author Topic: "Temptation Isle"  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2001, 10:37:00 AM »
Well Rip, I agree but I gotta add StarTrek Voyager, Seven of Nine is not to be missed!

SOB, I think you ain't drinkin' enuff beer.

Wobble, you have a dark sense of humor, I like it.

Sure AKDjV, and we all buy Playboy for the articles.

Eagler, I think you hit the nail.

The show will be a massive hit, sad commentary indeed on us.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2001, 10:56:00 AM »
Here's an example of Army marketing.  They are showing new commercials soon for young adults to join the Army, and targeted audiences are the following TV shows:

"Friends"
"The Simpsons"
"Buffy, the Vampire Slayer"

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2001, 11:01:00 AM »
when people stop talking about this toejam at the water cooler it will go away -

this is for loney 40 yr old divorced secretaries named kathy(or cathy or kathiee or k'athee)whose idea of a perfect night is romance novels, chocolate ice cream and red baron pizzas ......theyve got no life so they have to get excited about this garbage

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2001, 11:11:00 AM »
I never even heard of the show. It sound like true trash. America you gotta love it! Now why can't we here in the good old USA do a Junkyard Wars? (I understand thats a British production) Because the general public doesn't want to think any deeper than there crotch! Excuse me, but I could go on and on and on about this. I don't mind sitcoms, some are quite funny. But this so called "real" TV makes me sick.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2001, 11:21:00 AM »
Heh, how freakin' absurd.  But if people tune in... :::shrugs:::

Alright, this is a blatant hijacking of the thread for humorous purposes.  What do you think will be next years hit Fox show?

My entries...

Custodians
A gritty, ultra-realistic documentary show starring New York's garbage collectors.  Follow in their footsteps as they wage war on the nation's toughest trash.  Theme song will be AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds (done dirt cheap)".

Who Wants To Marry A Billionaire And Spend Their Honeymoon On Temptation Isle?!
The season begins when four Billionaires (Donald Trump, Steve Forbes, Ross Perot and Michael Dell) start bidding on the rights to marry one of four silicon-optimized beauties.  Once they are all married off, the happy newlyweds are all placed on Temptation Isle for their honeymoon.  While there, the Billionaires all toss insane ammounts of money at each others brides, attempting to entice them into threesomes and orgies.  The season ends with a surprise twist when Donald Trump winds up sleeping with Ross Perot for 265 million dollars.

Gordo
Fat DRUNK Bastards!

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2001, 11:27:00 AM »
Lance, now we're talking! That's quality TV. I think both would be more socially enlightening. I think the surprise twist should be shown at grade schools so that kids know that the rich will pay for an alternative life style.

Must see TV in my book. Two thumbs up!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2001, 01:04:00 PM »

Sure AKDjV, and we all buy Playboy for the articles.

Believe what you want.  People don't race to crash.. they race to win.  There will always be people waiting for a wreck.. but there will aslo be those waiting for a great pass.  SCCA/IMSA-GT/Camel and such are some of the most fun to watch.  Just pure racing... little else except the occasional spinout.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2001, 01:06:00 PM »
What amazes me about shows like "Temptation Isle" is that I don't know a single person that is willing to watch it/them.  However, I'm sure it will get good ratings.  It just makes my world seem a little smaller.

AKDejaVu

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2001, 01:33:00 PM »
remember the movie "running man" ?

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2001, 02:09:00 PM »
No but I remember the TV show Run for your life with Ben Gazara. Any connection?   lol

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2001, 02:40:00 PM »

remember the movie "running man" ?

Yep.. but I remember the book too.

The movie was hollywood thinking they made the difference.  The book said otherwise.

AKDejaVu

LJK Raubvogel

"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2001, 04:06:00 PM »
It's a sad commentary on society. However, no one is holding a gun to the heads of the couples appearing on the show. I won't watch it, but I'm sure it will get it's ratings.I'm with Rip, if I happen to be in front of the TV, it's tuned to Discovery, History, etc. Been watching the Junkyard Wars on TLC past few weeks.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by LJK Raubvogel (edited 01-10-2001).]

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2001, 04:40:00 PM »
This is the sleaziest idea to come to TV in a long time.

There is no way in hell that I would watch it.

The very concept is abhorant to me.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2001, 05:11:00 PM »
I'm with rip. Same channels and some news, the rest I go without. Don't need it when I got the internet to entertain me  .

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

TheWobble

"Temptation Isle"
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2001, 07:36:00 PM »
"My personal opinion I hate amercian TV"

Dont get me started on the bizzarre toejam I saw while I was in Europe, apparently in France, it is just dandy to show naked people in every single commrecial no matter what the product, kinda simple minded marketing...at least ours is evil