Author Topic: A Parody  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
A Parody
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2000, 04:28:00 AM »

Originally posted by Toad:
Actually, we're simply going to bring the Constitution to the discussion.

The pen is mightier than the sword!

Wrong Toad,

the correct citacion is:
"The noodle is mightier than the sword!"  

---------------
Interesting informations Mav.

I thank my Sensei i have trained myself to defend from stab and knife attacks.

But i still dont feel safe, training never enough.

A little hint:
if you have a suspect of such kind of attacks, keep a jacket rounded to your arm (if you are right-hand to the left, if youre left-hand to the right), and put it 10 cms in front of your abdome, prepared to use it as shield, move always, dont offer easy target, keep distance... and call help!!!

[This message has been edited by Naso (edited 08-18-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
A Parody
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2000, 06:24:00 AM »
Maverick:

Thanks for the story. Very interesting reading. My comment on don't bring guns to a knife fight was more a tongue in cheek one than anything else.

It saddens me to hear about your accident  . I've caught myself being afraid when in a car; not because I do not trust the driver, but because I do not trust those I meet who are in cars. I sincerely hope for your recovery and well being.

I think that what requiring a license for driving shows us is that no matter how hard you try to train and educate people (driving licenses in Denmark are exceedingly expensive and the tests harder than in the US), some of them will not learn, or ignore what is taught. Still, it is my opinion that without this training, our roads would be much more dangerous.

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"
"If you died a stones throw from your wingie; you did no wrong". - Hangtime

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
A Parody
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2000, 11:40:00 AM »

Originally posted by Naso:
 Wrong Toad,

the correct citacion is:
"The noodle is mightier than the sword!"    

---------------
Interesting informations Mav.

I thank my Sensei i have trained myself to defend from stab and knife attacks.

But i still dont feel safe, training never enough.

A little hint:
if you have a suspect of such kind of attacks, keep a jacket rounded to your arm (if you are right-hand to the left, if youre left-hand to the right), and put it 10 cms in front of your abdome, prepared to use it as shield, move always, dont offer easy target, keep distance... and call help!!!

[This message has been edited by Naso (edited 08-18-2000).]

Uh Naso, reread the post please. Notice the situation. I was in process of making an arrest. It is a bit difficult to pat down a suspect with a coat wrapped around your arm and hand. Secondly, if there is too little time to run away from a knife attack, do you honestly think the assailant is going to: 1. give notice he is going to kill you with a knife. 2. Wait patiently for you to remove your coat and wrap it firmly around your left arm. 3. Allow you to find a coat if you aren't wearing one. 4. Let you prepare mentally for the attack.

I hope you have great medical coverage or life insurance because you will need it. Every martial arts instructor I have spoken to has stated the obvious. The best way to avoid being killed by a knife attack is to not be there. Never think you will be able to "disarm" and handle a knife attack. Flee it if you have ANY chance to do so. No one is really trained to handle that type of attack without a severe risk of serious injury or death. Ask your Sensei what he thinks you should do. I think he'll say the same.

Naso

Please, do not think I am ridiculing you for this. I would just hope it might keep you from being cut. As my instructor said during the course. Unarmed and unwarned in a knife attack you WILL get cut. If you do not take out the assailant almost immediately, you will likely suffer life threatening wounds.

Knife assaults aren't like Hollywood. The suspect stabs and slashes continuously and as fast as he can. You will lose any protracted fight under those circumstances.

Enough preaching...

Mav

[This message has been edited by Maverick (edited 08-18-2000).]
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown