Author Topic: Boeing announces another new airplane  (Read 602 times)

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Boeing announces another new airplane
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 05:26:26 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
...Seriously, it will most likely be an 8 number. 8 is also a lucky number in the Chinese culture, one of our biggest customers...[/url]

Wong Tsu would be happy

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 07:00:41 AM »
What I find funny is that whereas people pooh-poohed the ~500 passenger model as "too big, too heavy, would take too long to load/unload, would need airport infrastructure changes" when Airbus introduced the A380, now that Boeing has come up with its own ~500 seat plane, some of the same people are swooning over the concept as if it's the best thing since sliced bread. :lol

:aok

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 07:17:59 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
What I find funny is that whereas people pooh-poohed the ~500 passenger model as "too big, too heavy, would take too long to load/unload, would need airport infrastructure changes" when Airbus introduced the A380, now that Boeing has come up with its own ~500 seat plane, some of the same people are swooning over the concept as if it's the best thing since sliced bread. :lol

:aok

Only because it can use the existing airport infrastructure and the fact that it cuts trip costs by 20%, thats my guess.