Author Topic: V-2 Rocket  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
V-2 Rocket
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 04:30:39 AM »
Yeah, Bugs Bunny did a documentary about that

Offline ace31st

• Copper Member
Re: V-2 Rocket
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 08:08:38 AM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
You are the guideance system,used in the Bob04 map would be awesome to try to pilot a V-2 all the way too target without any of the spit's and hurri's shooting you down.

Yes, we'll get the V2 Rocket right after HTC introduces the F-22.

:)

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
V-2 Rocket
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 09:27:54 AM »
Peenemunde (where they developed the V2) is well renowned for its midget supply, and actually means "midget land" in German.

How many of your  reletives dodged the V-2 Furby?

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
V-2 Rocket
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2005, 05:25:41 PM »

Don't think there was any dodgeing. It went boom...and then you heard it coming down.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
V-2 Rocket
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2005, 06:53:34 PM »

my grandmother worked in ammunition factories in London, and my grandfather was on a sunflower class corvette (pretty much the worst posting you could get in the RN) working the convoys across the atlantic and up to the russians, including convoy HX229 which was made famous by postwar films.

i dont know about the rest of my family.  my grandmother at least spent the entire war in central London.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
V-2 Rocket
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2005, 07:34:20 PM »
Originally posted by Wolfala
Never played Orbiter eh?

What Sim game is that? looks pimp with rockets :D

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
V-2 Rocket
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2005, 08:28:45 PM »
Originally posted by outbreak
What Sim game is that? looks pimp with rockets :D

http://www.orbitersim.com

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
V-2 Rocket
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2005, 09:00:28 PM »
i gotta try it. for some reason it looks fun.

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
V-2 Rocket
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2005, 10:13:28 PM »
downloading now =] love the Addon packs to lol they lookin pretty pimp

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
V-2 Rocket
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 12:32:58 AM »
Learning curve is pretty steep. Need a healthy background in orbital mechanics so don't be afraid to hit the books and dust off the old TI-82 calculator.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
V-2 Rocket
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 01:13:10 PM »
Learning curve is pretty steep. Need a healthy background in orbital mechanics so don't be afraid to hit the books and dust off the old TI-82 calculator.

Or just do like me and get VERY profecient with using the various MFDs. Once you learn to read them they make most orbital maneuvers rather easy.
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
V-2 Rocket
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2005, 01:46:47 PM »
i made the ISS crash. couldnt figure out how to turn off vertical thrusters when i was docked.

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
Back On Subject....
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2005, 05:18:08 PM »
The only way a V2 (or V1 for that matter) would work is if it was perked heavily and the guidence system worked like the big guns on the CVs; Click your target on the map and push fire.  Maybe there could be some sort of external follow view so you could watch it take off and go way the heck up and then crash back down.  Make them only available from large bases or even zone bases.  This could also create another strat target for the toolshedders...

Also a great way to get rid of those 5 billion bomber perks you all have saved up.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 05:23:58 PM by Skilless »

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Re: Back On Subject....
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2005, 07:30:34 PM »
Originally posted by Skilless
The only way a V2 (or V1 for that matter) would work is if it was perked heavily and the guidence system worked like the big guns on the CVs; Click your target on the map and push fire.  Maybe there could be some sort of external follow view so you could watch it take off and go way the heck up and then crash back down.  Make them only available from large bases or even zone bases.  This could also create another strat target for the toolshedders...

Also a great way to get rid of those 5 billion bomber perks you all have saved up.

There's only 1 problem I forsee. Squads like mine have upwards of 60 guys, and we have a ****load of bomber perks. Even if these things have a CEP of around 100 meters, 60 missiles in the air at 1 time all targeting on 1 area - can basically launch a massive decapitating strike and have a significant reserve force left over. Would pose an interesting problem, LETS do it.

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
Re: Re: Back On Subject....
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2005, 08:12:25 PM »
There's only 1 problem I forsee. Squads like mine have upwards of 60 guys, and we have a ****load of bomber perks. Even if these things have a CEP of around 100 meters, 60 missiles in the air at 1 time all targeting on 1 area - can basically launch a massive decapitating strike and have a significant reserve force left over. Would pose an interesting problem, LETS do it.

How about only five launch sites at each zone base?  Each one a nice juicy target for those porkin' fools?

Here's a neat site about blowing up V1 launch sites.  My grandfather was the crew chief for B17f 42-30342 "Tain't a Bird".  This link tells of it's demise.  It's a transated text so bear with it-

http://www.b17flyingfortress.de/english/index.php?id=aphrodite.htm