Author Topic: Bombing  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Bombing
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 02:23:36 PM »
sgtdeaux,

You seem to need a lot more practice in bombers if you cannot use a B-17, B-24, B-26 or Ki-67 to bomb a target and get home.

You whine endlessly about fighters uping after you shot them down, but you ignore the fact that said fighters cannot re-engage you if you do your job correctly.

There is no way for an La-7 to get shot down by a Ki-67 at 22,000ft, reup, climb to the Ki-67's altitude and catch up to it.  The only fighter that allows that is the Me163, and that fighter is both perked and limited to one base on each side.

Furball,

He's Texan it seems, which is oddly humerous given the atitude Texans generally try to perpetuate.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
Bombing
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 02:38:24 PM »
I think bombs should only arm if they are dropped from level flight.  What is to stop people from going into a dive, quick changing to the bomb site, dropping their bombs, then quick switching back to cockpit to recover?  You could switch views quick enough and push the bomb button quick enough so that the auto-pilot would not effect accuracy.  I don't think making it so that bombs can only be dropped from the bomb site will fix the problem, although it is a good idea from an historical accuracy point of view.  I don't think the pilot could physically drop bombs from the cockpit, could he?  I think the fix is two-fold:  

1. Bombs will only arm from level (or close to level) flight
2. Bombs can only be dropped from bombsite.

Offline sgtdeaux

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Bombing
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 03:06:43 PM »
You bunch of flaming ninnys.
The point of my post is this... Noone objects or puts a post up for a rule change if fighters push their performance limits to the edge.
So why attempt to limit a bombers ability to perform its job when pusing to the edge? There is 3 times as much skill required to dive bomb as to level bomb.. you have to worry about drop angle... not tearing the aircraft to pieces ect..
I am capible of taking a formation of bombers in at 20k and tearing a base apart then returning home. I do it all the time. The point im trying to make here is simply... just because some bomber pilots are good enough to pull an attack that pushes the limits of what YOU expect them to be able to does not mean that this is a flaw in the game.
get over yourselves drama queens.
If I want to see you flame Ill go to the bar you dance at.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Bombing
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 04:47:26 PM »
Hmmmm, dive bombing heavy bombers isn't pushing the envolope! It simply wasn't done, it's an inaccuracy! It's a gamey little glitch in the game that people to lazy to learn the proper way to do things exploit...end of story! Why can't you understand this simple point? JU88's and NOE are fine, but a lanc diving in at a 65 degree angle is just gamey.

And bombers have it rough?
-3 bombers per formation
-Lazer easy bomb site
-All turrents controlled by 1 player

Yeah, they have it rough.:rolleyes: :noid
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline sgtdeaux

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Bombing
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 05:04:08 PM »
I'm sorry because the unrealistic ballistic models and the HUGE selection of different fighter class planes puts fighter pilots at such an incredible disadvantage against bombers that you guys are completely unable to knock us out of the sky.

Cry me a river

Get a boat

and stop roasting posts that dont go your way.

:cry

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Bombing
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 05:45:16 PM »
Originally posted by sgtdeaux

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline sgtdeaux

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Bombing
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2005, 06:00:24 PM »
LOL

Furball the noob speaks.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Bombing
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2005, 06:20:48 PM »
squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak

furball the noob who has been here three years longer than you.  whine boy.

and i didnt speak, i yawned at you because you bore me with your drivel.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Bombing
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2005, 06:34:18 PM »
LOL

Furball the noob speaks.

another newb another day.
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Bombing
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 08:04:29 PM »
I know you guys don't want to say it, so I will. Yes, I'm a ****ing idiot. Your idea is better, even if I'm reluctant to recognize the obvious.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Bombing
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 09:29:48 PM »
sgtdeaux,

Praytell, what unrealistic ballistic models do you refer to?  I'm sure HTC would love to have your proof so that they can fix the issues you obviously know so much about.

Also you'll note that 75+% of the fighters in AH you have no worries about as they are so obsolete that they are nearly harmless to your precious bombers.  So whining about the number of fighter airframes in AH is disingenuous of you to say the least.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Bombing
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2005, 10:31:19 PM »
Guys, this 1's really not worth it. He's proved his intellegence in other threads by supporting genicide of a whole culture:noid  Basically what I come up with is he can't do bombing(one of the simplist things in the game) succesfully, so he want's to punish those that pwn him. That or he's 12:huh?

Oh and karnak, you won't get anything intelligent out of him. He'll probably just call you a noob and say go flame yourself:lol
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Bombing
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2005, 12:57:21 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
The exception to tilt's suggestion that I'd make is for formations and dropping from the pilot's positions to still be enabled when carrying torpedoes.  It is hard enough to hit with a torpedo with a formation of Ju88s or Ki-67s and forcing it to be done with a single aircraft is overly harsh.

I considered torps......and began to wonder if a torp loaded ac is not a form of attack ac.

Harsh or not..........

Ie dropping torps from pilots position would be enabled if the non formation attack variant was taken.

Whilst torpedo planes did attack en masse it was not really a formation exercise such as we see in "carpet bombing " from higher alts.

However f6 can be used from a torp formation........ and in this option would be required to do so I have never practiced it...........

Equally the TBM & Kate would have to be given the option of choosing attack or bomber status for the same reason (torps) even though they do not have a formation option.

I was trying to avoid COAD that identified torps ordinance and automatically selected "attack"

The proposal does not stop low level formations (fuse arming delay to one side) it just stops formation dive bombers and makes low level formation bombing a bit harder than scattering stuff from 500ft from F3
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 01:06:32 PM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Bombing
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2005, 04:48:14 PM »
Tilt,

The problem is that you practically need a formation just to have  one or two bombers live long enough to reach attack range.  The AA from ships seems more accurate and lethal than the historical stuff in that regards.

Torpedoes are already very, very close to being completely useless in AH.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Bombing
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005, 05:54:32 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
The AA from ships seems more accurate and lethal than the historical stuff in that regards.

I see your point but it seems to me that if the low level AA acuracy is the problem then that is what should be resolved.

I have never studied the problem but a first question would be "if I approach low from one side can all the AA gain sight s on me ? If I am low to starboard do the port guns fire at me as well"

I think the next question would be "against a fixed point is AA as accurate at 1500 yards as it is at 500 yards?"...should it be?

If  a torpedo attack always without fail requires a suicide element to press it home then may be something else is wrong with the game play balance.

I also think that the torp situation is less than perfect  now.

For me the simplest solution would be to force an attack role when choosing torps.

Its a quirk of the game play that level bombing is the best way to dispatch fleets.

Notoriously this was the least effective method during WWII. (I think there is some  statistic somewhere that shows just how useless B17's were against shipping)  

Yet level bombing is so accurate that hardeness's and defences are modelled to comply with it (or vice versa) and this knocks onto the gameplay around torps.

To address this we would have to look at the whole bombing accuracy  and object hardness balance within the game and make it more realistic ................not something HTC has plans to do I am sure.
Ludere Vincere