Author Topic: doughnut  (Read 7041 times)

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
doughnut
« Reply #270 on: November 27, 2005, 12:14:56 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
a) find someone with comparable or slightly better than yourself and do a lot of 1 v 1 in various planes in the DA.

b) fly the fringes of the fight a mile or 3 off and try to engage/bait a few to come after you, not being afraid to fight from a disadvantage, such as alt or #'s.  of course you'll die a lot, but over time you acquire the skills that can be used in the bigger picture.

Exactly. Though (b) is something which is better to practise at middle levels. For starters best is to join some experienced pilot in flight, and get all films of those sorties from the person later. For couple years I practised a lot of film watching/analizing, almost after every sortie I did it. It helped a lot. To learn deacking I made a small map with field full of acks, and spent days deacking it till was absolutly sure how to do this, and then real field acks became very easy.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
doughnut
« Reply #271 on: November 27, 2005, 03:13:10 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
LOL worst kind of hunting there is. No thrill, no nothing. Id love to tie one of those "hunters" up to a salt lick or feed bin and have whatever they're hunting come up and say hello. Or douse one of them in doe piss tie them to a tree and let some horny buck have at em. These "hunters" are the worst, they're usualy the ones you read about how they blew their buddies head off that was standing next to them, while tracking a deer with his rifle and pulled the trigger with his friend in the way and not paying attention.

I was at a processing plant just outside of Fredreicksburg (TX) yesterday and a guy drove up in his Escalade with the biggest trophy buck I've ever seen after 30+ years of hunting in the area. Two things saddened me...one, the deer was not gutted, having been shot early that day...two, after admiring his kill he said there were three more just like it and we could have one for our wall too, would only cost $7.5K (what he paid for his).

He knew the Boone and Crockett score of the deer (174) before he fired a shot which can only mean that the "guides" had measured it themselves, which also meant the damn thing was tame. Sounds more like shooting a pet than hunting to me...sad indeed.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #272 on: November 27, 2005, 04:00:38 PM »
I hate guided hunts. The only time I would ever want a guide is if I were going after dangerous game such as alaskan brown bear. The knowledge they have up there not only about the game, but about the terrain is priceless and can mean life or death when it comes down tracking a very pissed off wounded bear in thick brush. Its also nice to have several guys standing around you with big game rifles if one decides to charge you.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.