Author Topic: A Marine's Last Words  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
A Marine's Last Words
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2005, 01:22:09 AM »
Yeager, I've paid attention to your words over the course of the last two years. Interesting stuff.

One quick search/dig and I could deposit here a truck-load of your words saying in effect that you think this war is tantamount to Armageddon. Some kind of final war.

And that's not a stretch. You believe that. And you happen to be a great example.

And in the face of Armageddon.... total war..... What do you do?

What are you doing?

Nothing.

You are doing nothing other than making lame excuses for you doing nothing, by saying that you're doing something by talking about it on the internet.

IN THE FACE OF (what you think is) ARMAGEDDON!

That is all you're willing to contribute.

And by "that" I mean "dick all."

So I gotta wonder how seriously you take your own words. Is it the end times or not? If so.... what are doing about it? If not, how's about you come back down to reality.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
A Marine's Last Words
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2005, 02:06:41 AM »
interesting you should frame me like that nash. By frame, I mean that literally, like framing a picture.  My brother framed me in a similar way recently, and it makes me think.  I appreciate that,  Thanks.

I think humanity is most likely experiencing it last 100 years or so.  150 at a stretch.  Ive felt this way for about 20 years now so Im still on schedule.  

I hope I am wrong.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
A Marine's Last Words
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2005, 02:08:33 AM »
I guess what I'm trying to say is....

If this war was really something some of you have been trying to make it out to be, there'd be sacrifice.

Bush's call is for you to go shopping and to visit Disnelyland. Not kidding.

I certainly can't take it seriously (nevermind the absolute lies and bs)....

At the end of the day? Kids are getting killed. Pains me. Every day.

For this crap.

You 101st Fighting Keyboardists get the hell out of here and go relieve them for chrissakes.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
A Marine's Last Words
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2005, 02:33:42 AM »
oh hell nash...I see what you mean.

I guess.....I believe that whats happening in Iraq is a much larger dispute.

Its almost impossible to discuss here....
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
A Marine's Last Words
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2005, 11:16:51 AM »
Originally posted by Stringer
Yes, we should fix it up as best we can, since we did a good job of breaking it.  I agree Gtora2.  I won't argue that.  But I haven't seen this Admin come up with any brilliant ideas lately, have you?

No not at all, other then the job they did with the invasion, I think the troops in the field are doing the best they can but the bush admin is running the war wrong.

I think we should have broken the country into three anyway.

I am not sure if the bush admin is going to be able to finnish the job right.

I also don't think it is the total disaster that some here think it is. It is hard to tell though, I don't really trust the news networks to give as a real look at how things are going, nor do I think we can trust what comes out of the pentagon as either.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Re: Sandman
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2005, 05:00:02 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Natural resources, for one.

And Soccer.  Who can forget the bloody Soccer War?  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
A Marine's Last Words
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2005, 05:17:40 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
I guess what I'm trying to say is....

If this war was really something some of you have been trying to make it out to be, there'd be sacrifice.

Bush's call is for you to go shopping and to visit Disnelyland. Not kidding.

I certainly can't take it seriously (nevermind the absolute lies and bs)....

At the end of the day? Kids are getting killed. Pains me. Every day.

For this crap.

You 101st Fighting Keyboardists get the hell out of here and go relieve them for chrissakes.

For someone who has never put on any nations uniform you sure do a lot of talking and volunteering folks. Telling someone else to do what you won't just doesn't cut it. Frankly it's pretty much tantamount to the pot calling the kettle black. Several of us have already done time in uniform and then some including overseas duty at the call of our country.

If you are so intent about stopping the "pain" you allegedly "feel" when someone from a country other than yours, in a uniform you never wore or attempted to wear dies,  you could go posting on the BBS for the opposition. I'm sure you could convince them that strapping bombs on and walking into weddings then detonating them is not a polite thing to do. The same for setting up explosives in market places, on streets etc. etc. in Iraq.

I think your advice to others is something you yourself should follow. Here, I'll quote you on it. Definately try the middle part. "You 101st Fighting Keyboardists get the hell out of here and go relieve them for chrissakes."
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
A Marine's Last Words
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2005, 10:19:55 PM »
Hi Mav,

Originally posted by Maverick
If you are so intent about stopping the "pain" you allegedly "feel" when someone from a country other than yours, in a uniform you never wore or attempted to wear dies,  you could go posting on the BBS for the opposition. I'm sure you could convince them that strapping bombs on and walking into weddings then detonating them is not a polite thing to do. The same for setting up explosives in market places, on streets etc. etc. in Iraq.

I think your advice to others is something you yourself should follow. Here, I'll quote you on it. Definately try the middle part. "You 101st Fighting Keyboardists get the hell out of here and go relieve them for chrissakes."

To be completely fair to Nash, unless he learns to speak Arabic, following this advice is going to be very difficult.

Most of the English language websites I frequent that are maintained by advocates of Jihad either do not have English language forums, or sanitize them heavily because they know that the primary English language readership is Western. I do know of a few that get fairly inflamed, (one I was reading this morning had a series of threads along the lines of "America disgusting and decadent" and "British the Scum of the Earth.") But actually few of them say anything very different in tone from what you can read here. They hate Bush, hate Americans, hate Israel, hate Blair, hope America will be defeated and withdraw from Iraq etc... Their worldview and expression is different, they quote the Quran and the Hadiths more often, and their ultimate objectives are different but all in all, they sound remarkably similar to Cindy Sheehan and other American patriots. Some of their conspiracy theories are even better though, my current favorite cropping up on various boards is that OBL is in fact an American or Israeli CGI. They also go back and forth over whether the Jihad should be mostly defensive or offensive, the moderates want a defensive Jihad first.

The real hardcore Jihadist sites however are all password protected, and with very few exceptions are exclusively in Arabic.  

Anyway, for a quick introduction to the more blatant Jihadi multimedia, web presence, and forum postings, you might want to check out the excellent Site Institute Website

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams