Author Topic: I wish the clipboard would block the sun  (Read 624 times)

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
I wish the clipboard would block the sun
« on: December 01, 2005, 11:48:44 AM »
When you have the clipboard up and the sun is directly behind it, the clipboard should block the sun. Right now I have to either turn away from the sun or use a side view to see the clipboard.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 12:08:01 PM »
It's not supposed to block the sun. To have it block the sun allows pilots to "cheat" and put the clipboard just over the sun but allowing them to follow their target.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 12:25:29 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
It's not supposed to block the sun. To have it block the sun allows pilots to "cheat" and put the clipboard just over the sun but allowing them to follow their target.

?? :huh

When maneuvering with an e/a you'd make more trouble to yourself by start placing clipboard to the right place depending where the sun shines any given moment.

Pilot could cover the sun with his throttle hand. It is true that couldn't use throttle at that point...and not all fighters weren't one handers so on and so fort...

Then we should have hand movements separately modelled like they are in Condor for example when pilot uses air brakes and so on. Not worth the trouble IMO.

I agree with making the clip board block the sun. While on transit flight to the suns direction it's kinda annoying...would be nice to be able to block it like a real pilot would with his hand.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 03:53:04 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty

Who flies around with the clipboard out when they are in a fight?

Besides, the clipboard is either a solid object or it isn't. Did they have perspex clipboards and clear plastic maps in WWII? :p

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 03:56:44 PM »
yeah it would be nice if the clipboard blocked the sun.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 12:01:53 AM »
While you're at it, some virtual sunglasses would be nice also. :)
sand

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 01:05:04 AM »
And a B-29 with nook :)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 01:36:33 AM »
Uh.. you folks don't remember it seems.. There was a bug during one patch where the clipboard DID block the sun. HTC fixed it because it was too much of a cheat, and YES people would and did fly around with it blocking the sun.

It's not ever going to block the sun because HTC designed it as a navigational aid, not a sun visor. Their patch actions in the past support htis

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 02:25:23 AM »
Originally posted by Wmaker
I agree with making the clip board block the sun. While on transit flight to the suns direction it's kinda annoying...would be nice to be able to block it like a real pilot would with his hand.

You can block sun with cockpit's frame.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 10:52:59 AM »
Originally posted by Oleg
You can block sun with cockpit's frame.

True!

And now that I think about it I do it a lot unconciously...just never seem to notice it when I do it.

All in all...I don't really care one way or the other. It's just that pilots did have means to block the sun during the fight in real life...
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!