Author Topic: Anyone have an explination for this?  (Read 808 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Anyone have an explination for this?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 02:24:13 AM »
Texas sized Bottle rocket launched over Grapvine Texas...
or Skuzzy was in a hurry and used too much charcoal fluid....and you witnessed the famous "el sangria and flambe flying brisket"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 05:34:30 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
I never said the video wasnt a fake.

Misconstrued your first sentence in your post, my bad.  <>

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 03:22:17 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
See now the only problem I have with nay sayers is these things have been being spotted for as far back as man has been recording things.

For me I think they are out there simply because too many have been being spotted for too long for there not to be anything to it.
And given the age of the universe its not unreasonable to think that there have been civilizations on other worlds have have existed become FAR more advanced then ours and have long since died out many times over before we ever showed up on this planet

Now can I absolutely prove they exist, No

But nor has anyone been able to absolutely prove they dont

The entire Universe is located in a small area of a pimple on the bellybutton of a large Boatswainsmate first class.  

Now can I absolutely prove this, no

But nor has anyone been able to absolutely disprove it.

Offline HugeHead

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 03:29:07 PM »
That my friends was footage of the Avro Arrow.

Regards,
HH

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 04:28:55 PM »
Originally posted by HugeHead
That my friends was footage of the Avro Arrow.

Regards,
HH

Could you elaborate?

Offline HugeHead

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005, 05:01:59 PM »
Originally posted by Skilless
Could you elaborate?

Just yanking your chain yank;). The Avro Arrow was an advanced Canadian Interceptor built in the 50s. It was far ahead of it's time yet it was scrapped due to budget over runs and pressure from the US to buy American planes. The latter fact is still a subject for debate in Canada. In any case it was a beautiful plane. Unfortunately it was never tested in actual combat.

Regards,
HH

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 06:17:20 PM »
Originally posted by weaselsan
The entire Universe is located in a small area of a pimple on the bellybutton of a large Boatswainsmate first class.  

Now can I absolutely prove this, no

But nor has anyone been able to absolutely disprove it.

Well if thats the case then as far as what I've said that would put the odds even more strongly in my favor.

Your not really arrogant enough to beleive that in the entire universe and in all the time the universe has been around that WE are the only ones who could have possibly  managed intellegent life are you?

Cause thats all such an assumption is.
Arrogance
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline HugeHead

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005, 06:54:30 PM »
I would say the simple fact that they've been smart enough to avoid us is ample proof of intelligent life elsewhere in the Universe.

Regards,
HH

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2005, 07:13:39 PM »
I think you saw the U.S. goverment's secret x-wing project

http://giochiguerrestellari.andromedafree.it/trilogia/veicoli-robot/X-Wing.jpg

Offline USHilDvl

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 03:43:25 PM »
I firmly believe that ours is not the only living planet in the Universe.  In fact, and I'm dead serious, I truly hope to see the definitive discovery of extraterrestrial life within my lifetime.  However, I expect it will be microbial or fossil.  Don't matter...that'll be the single most momentous day in human history.

I also believe that there is most probably intelligent life other than ours.

I do not believe that we have reliable recordings of any kind of 'visits'.  I think everything we have seen in our lives is junk.  I'm not sure, but I tend to think the 'abduction' phenomena is merely some form of hysteria or 'mental metaphor', if you will.

I do believe that if 1) there is life elsewhere, and 2) it is intelligent, and 3) it is capable of interplanetary travel (the plausibility of which is still highly debatable for humans), and 4) that such life cares to actually travel here (of all places!  Remember, we're a backwater planet in a remote galaxy) ..then I must believe that the would be able to conceal themselves from us with little effort, and we would certainly not have all this half-baked material to hypothesize with.  If one can travel the stars faster than light, one can probably manage to hide in the bushes without being spotted.

Here's an idea...what if the truth is somewhere in between (as it so often is)?  Maybe there is other life in the Universe...but not a lot.  Maybe the chances of life developing are so staggeringly low that, while not impossible, it is still a very rare thing.  Like a desert vs. a rainforest.  So there are only a few other species of life extant, and a very, very, VERY few that even approach sentience.

One other note...Dred, I gotta question one statement you made "...spotted as far back as man has recorded things".  No doubt that phenomena have been observed in the heavens throughout history which could not then be explained...but were later.  I think there is pretty strong evidence that the classically defined idea of the UFO (i.e., aliens come to visit) really only got off the ground post-WW2.  Some have proposed that this time period really engendered and nurtured these ideas as a function of the paranoia of the days.  People had just begun to have to try and grasp the new immediacy of imminent instant nuclear destruction, and began seeing ghosts in the machine.  We're used to it, but they were not.

I certainly don't have the answers, but I do have a feeling that most of what we encounter routinely is just hysteria and attention-seeking...while the reality is a much quieter, much subtler thing.

Offline USHilDvl

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 03:51:09 PM »
...Or, we all live on a pimple on a large bosun's prettythang...:p

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2005, 03:51:30 PM »
This turned into a great discussion.

I myself believe that if there is life outside our planet. And that life is capable of traveling great distances through space. I for one, pray that with the great intelligence they pocess they are also peaceful. If not they sure would be capable of kicking our sorry butts.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 03:54:06 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
Texas sized Bottle rocket launched over Grapvine Texas...
or Skuzzy was in a hurry and used too much charcoal fluid....and you witnessed the famous "el sangria and flambe flying brisket"
ROFL!!!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 03:56:18 PM »
I for one welcome the galactic overlords and their avro arrows.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 04:08:55 PM »
Maybe they will straighten out the mess we have made.  Hey,..one can hope.  :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com