Author Topic: 109F with Ringworm  (Read 914 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109F with Ringworm
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 03:33:44 PM »
I found some Eagle Strike decals that show no yellow on the upper surface but standard yellow on the lower surface (standard being just a bit past the aileron edges, about up to the trim tab). I couldn't tell with the picture you showed, but I saw this decal sheet (was looking for something else) and wanted to ask if you'd put yellow below or if the profile you used did not show this?

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
109F with Ringworm
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 03:53:50 PM »
Yeah, it's got yellow on the lower wingtips, as per Ostfront theater scheme.  You can see the edge of it in the pic above, going about 1/2way out along the slat.  In the profile, the yellow goes all the way to the outer edge of the lower wing cross, which is where I put it.  Interestingly, this is about the same width of the controversial upper wingtip marks.

As I tried to explain in my last, there is almost no such thing as a skin, model, or profile that's free from even a little artistic interpretation.  This includes Sundin's and Bergstrom's work.  There are simple very few planes that were photographed from enough angles at the same time for this to be possible.  However, they, like any serious historical artists,  modellers, and skinners, do their best to reduce the amount of speculation and interpretation in their work, through thorough research.  This makes them a better source than some others out there, including most decal sheets, so when there's a conflict, I go with them unless I can prove them wrong through my own research.

And yes, this is an F-2.  But HTC's cool with that sort of thing, up to a point.  There are many skins that have been accepted already that properly belong to a different sub-type than what's in the game.  That's cool, provided the paintjob really did exist, the skin is well-made, and is applied to the closest sub-type to what's in the game.  Look through the skins and you'll see many examples.  I've done a few of them myself, but so have others.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109F with Ringworm
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 03:57:57 PM »
Originally posted by Bullethead
As I tried to explain in my last, there is almost no such thing as a skin, model, or profile that's free from even a little artistic interpretation.  This includes Sundin's and Bergstrom's work....

Yes I realize that, and you made the point in the last post. I wasn't meaning to imply anything, I was simply explaining why the question popped into my head now, of all times :)

No worries