Author Topic: More maps!!!!!!!!  (Read 764 times)

Offline mkaykov

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
More maps!!!!!!!!
« on: November 14, 2005, 07:14:36 AM »
i need to see a map of a big soviet city, like stalingrad. We need a snow map!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
More maps!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 07:46:15 AM »
Go to work  :)

Terrain Editor is a free download.

There is a forum just for helping new guys learn to run it.

All it takes is about 3 months to really do a nice job. Go ahead!

Whats that I hear?

Uhuh, thought so.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
More maps!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 08:24:00 AM »
Fact is it's not easy to crate maps. It sucks. I've tried (and stopped) 3-4 times. The reason we don't have "more maps" is because there's precious few map-makers. Those that do make maps *are* making maps, but they take a while to make, and there's only so many willing to devote the time to a relatively thankless job.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
More maps!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 09:48:26 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
and there's only so many willing to devote the time to a relatively thankless job.

Well I for one give a BIG Thanks to all the mapmakers, with out them we would be stuck with a small handful of overused maps...................just wish we had a New Training arena Map and a New KOTH map..........

maybe if I submit my old AH1 converted to AH2 KOTH map they could fix it/ finish it and submit it to the Cods..........

then again prob be best if they built it from scracth ......rofl
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
More maps!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 10:54:39 AM »
TC, if you have the original files I believe you can reuse them in the new TE, but all bases/strat have to be redone from scratch (but the land/water is all there). That's just going by what I read when AH2 TE came out

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
More maps!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 12:12:28 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
Well I for one give a BIG Thanks to all the mapmakers, with out them we would be stuck with a small handful of overused maps...................just wish we had a New Training arena Map and a New KOTH map..........

maybe if I submit my old AH1 converted to AH2 KOTH map they could fix it/ finish it and submit it to the Cods..........

then again prob be best if they built it from scracth ......rofl

TC, how do you want that map to look like?

It has been a while, but i made a 64miles map once, fully functional strat system, 10 bases (AF and VB, no ports/CV) per country. I cant promise anything since i have a lot of RL work to do, but if you want, you can PM me or send me an email and ill try to see if i can whip up something for KOTH.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline BlueBall

• Zinc Member
      • http://http://www.angelfire.com/or2/BullDogs/index.html
More maps!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 01:19:45 PM »
It would be interesting to get some weather effects on some of the maps,rain, snow  etc

Offline Gato

• Copper Member
      • http://catzman.blogspot.com
More maps!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 05:54:12 PM »
Weather and water effects would be nice, but are we asking too much of AH?  I mean, we want those effects, more maps, more planes and Gv's, remodeling of the planes we have, changes in troops, and the list goes on and on.  I don't know how many people they have working there, but that is a lot of work.  Don't get me wrong, I want the changes and updates as much as anyone.  Maybe if there was a priority list everyone could get a better understanding of what is and is not going to happen.

The windows format we are are using has its limits, along with bandwidth.  Maybe if there was a version for Linux it would make some things easier.  Maybe not, I don't know.  I'm not a programmer.

Just think of the thousands of hours spent to get just one part of the game up and running.  They have been added more and more to it all the time.  Even if they stopped now, it is still the best thing out there, at least for now.

These forums are good, not only for the players, but for AH also.  We get to vent and let them know what we want.  They get ideas on how to improve the game.

Sorry, I guess I got off track and subject.   :aok

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
More maps!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 06:40:26 PM »
I've alrdy made a snow map.....

Looked good too..

If old server was up i would show ya..:noid

Anyways skuzz said no on snow maps atm wants to do some game work first.:aok