Author Topic: An important question for all Americans...  (Read 1561 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
An important question for all Americans...
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2001, 08:36:00 PM »
Wonder if the US military still uses the modified Julian date form dddyy. My guess is probably not what with all the Y2K problems.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2001, 10:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by hitech:
Me being the math guy it makes more since to  Year/M/D Just like any other number most significant to least but alas I don't belive
I have a change of getting it changed.

Actually, the military was starting to head that way when I got out. They are slow to change, but their dependence on computer databases makes filing by date easier in that format, so they were switching to it on electronic forms.

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: streakeagle ]
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2001, 01:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by Replicant:
British, Japanese etc drive on the left hand side because we're warriors!     :)  So whilst you're riding down a road or lane you would have your sword in your right hand so it was easier to attack/defend.  Therefore you'd be on the left hand side of the road to do this what with right handed people being more common than left hand people!  Call it our love of history!     :)

Of course, next time you see a car with a guy hanging out the right window with a sword in his hand then he could be British, Aussie, Kiwi, S. African or Japanese etc...

Regards

Nexx

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Replicant ]

hummmm ...
what about using guns ?  :)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2001, 07:43:00 AM »
What about it?  The gun would still be in the right hand.....

Besides, we're real men over here, we like to get up close and personal.   :D

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2001, 12:30:00 PM »
I'm not blaming all of America for anything. Well only some of them. OK, most of them. Well, yes, I'm blaming all of them for the date thing. Every last one.  :D

Gunthr - I think you'll find our army has been around alot longer than yours. So we are right and you are, quite literally, wrong!  :D

We don't 'go to the movies'. Ha! We 'go to the cinema' or 'go see a film'. And sweet pop-corn is far better than salty/butter/plain pop-corn.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
Actually I disagree.

Popcorn (of all types including toffee coated) is the spawn of Satan and only eaten by strange people with wierd views on life and they're own toothpick to get all the crap outta their teeth after eating a bag full.

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: Swoop ]

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2001, 09:32:00 AM »
"Why do you guys drive on the wrong side of the road when the rest of Europe does it the other way? "

Actually, the left side is the correct side. The reason appearantly comes from the knights, as their right side was the weapon side and striking things to the left of you was more difficult than to the right.
 I've seen the same references in Japanese samurai customs. To walk along a samurai on his left side, uninvited was considered a potential threat.

Daff

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2001, 10:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by Lizard3:
Long time ago in Navy boot camp I was taught to use day month year, with the month in written form, in all official log books and such.

In perfect "ricky" writing too.  :)

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2001, 10:53:00 AM »
jesus christ hitech can you please learn to type?

you are making the whole AH comunity look bad. go play warbirds or ww2ol only smart people play AH