Author Topic: HiTech, objects in water tiles?  (Read 306 times)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
HiTech, objects in water tiles?
« on: January 06, 2006, 04:10:27 PM »
Is there any way to enable placing V-bases, maprooms and vehicle spawns inside a water square? Currently it does not seem possible... only full 1x1 mile squares placed in the "terrain" flap of the TE allow those objects.

If there is not, would it be a big chance in TE code to make it possible, and would you allow it?

The reason for asking this is to enable using custom made terrain ojects under those above mentioned objects. They would all be on custom land, they would not drop into the water, but could be close to the shores.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 12:30:50 AM »
Raptor did something like that.  Was it Hawaii?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 01:45:40 AM »
I think you mean Midway? I did not place objects on water tiles though, I got rid of all objects on the grass tiles and build the island in the OE. Problem with this is you are able to land on the coral. I do have an idea on how to change this I've just not gotten around to doing work on Midway yet.

This is confusing, we need more names. Tile can mean texture tile or object tile. Grid can mean 1 mile tile or 25 mile sector.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 04:04:43 AM »
Rap,
did you place V-bases or maprooms or vehicle spawns on those coral island objects in OE/TE?

I think the landed result comes from object definition. I dont think I have had such problems with custom land/island objects. We have to compare notes and definition at some time :)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 02:11:24 PM »
Maprooms and vehicle spawns yes.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 02:39:31 PM »
tnx Rap.. I still gotta try if I could get it to work. I tried placing a map room and the rest of the vehicle base on separate objects. When Kanttori placed them on water there were some errors :(

btw, do you mean with "you are able to land on the coral" that you get a landed result or that you can land on those water areas which should be water?

If it is the latter case, is the "water" completely transparent or only translucent? Does the object included several objects from OE, or is it only a singnle converted ac3d object?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 06:31:17 PM »
He used a grass tile for the coral so you could land and taxi back to the field.  I'll get out of your way now and enter lurker mode. :)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001