Author Topic: Christmas violates the Kyoto Protocol  (Read 417 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Christmas violates the Kyoto Protocol
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2005, 12:12:11 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Only 60 years?  Why do I get the impression that a lot of you don't have much faith in the Human race's ability to innovate and advance technology.
Well, the only idea I've heard so far is to send 8 million rolls of Seran Wrap into space to filter out some of the sun's heat! When someone can come up with a detailed plan as to how this will work, I'm ready to listen.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Christmas violates the Kyoto Protocol
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2005, 04:49:28 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Only 60 years?  Why do I get the impression that a lot of you don't have much faith in the Human race's ability to innovate and advance technology.

my problem isn't so much a lack of faith in the ability of the human potential.  

my concerns are mostly centered around the fear that those who control the resources necessary to make this innovation possible, may not find the betterment of the human race as a whole significantly profitable to them personally.

I'm concerned that when the time comes that enough of us wake up to the situation and do anything about it these people may already have enough power to block any opposition.

I'm also concerned that this time has likely already passed.