Author Topic: Fix the La-5FN  (Read 781 times)

Sorrow[S=A]

Fix the La-5FN
« on: January 19, 2001, 07:48:00 PM »
Nate: we all appreciate the new cockpit artwork but can you please go back and fix the errors you made in the plane?

The gun bulges are now no longer asymetrical (sp?) now they are even.

The cockpit rail running from the faceplate are now set too high. Pictures show the rails just higher than a pilots nose. The current ones are just under the top of the canopy.

The nose now looks wrong. The cut in vents end before the wing root instead of at the edge of the root. The nose now looks slightly bulbous instead or like the proper cover over the radial.

There are still two compasses in the plane and an artificial horizon. No Lachovin had an artificial horizon and two compasses is overkill, much better to have the tempurature guage moved up and oil pressure one where they can be seen.

Thanks
Sorrow

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2001, 09:58:00 PM »
I don't wanna crap on your post Sorrow, let me get that out up front.

But NONE of the cockpit arts are "historically" accurate.

Secondly, I fly the La5 almost exclusively, and I gotta tell ya, that ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is an improvement over how butt-ugly she was before the makeover.

She ain't never gonna be a head turner, but she is a killin' squeak.

IMHO the most under-rated plane in the game.

So paint me happy.  

Offline devildawg

• Zinc Member
Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2001, 10:19:00 PM »
<sits down, pours lighter fluid on pom-poms, opens a beer, then lights cigarette, and watches the show>

------------------
Retreat hell!! We're just attacking in another direction!
Proofread if ya want, it's your dime.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2001, 01:36:00 AM »
#1 Ammo counter is up top where I can see it easy.

#2 Trim adjustments also up top.

#3 Frame rates are hanging VERY good.

Nuff said, I can live with the errors. I'd rather have another new plane.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2001, 01:44:00 AM »
I couldn't care less what an historically accurate La5 looks like (even in the cockpit), but I did want to point out that many WWII aircraft had as many as three compasses. So, two ain't overkill.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2001, 11:03:00 AM »
LA5 is boooooooooootifuuul! I love it ! You'll shoot me a lot in it!

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2001, 11:33:00 AM »
Nate: My request is that you make the La-5 (and the Yak, while you are at it) about 10x bigger and slower so that I can shoot them.

Thank you.

------------------
Kratzer
Geschwader Kommodore
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by Kratzer (edited 01-20-2001).]

Sorrow[S=A]

Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2001, 02:06:00 PM »
Oh fer chrissakes.
Miss a line or mismatch the paint on american iron and the screams hit the roof, is VVS THAT under-represented here?

I am not asking for "historical" cockpits. I am pointing out that the Lachovin never HAD one of these, therefore canning it for the temp guage in a visible place would be preferable.

One of the nice details on the original model was that the cannon bulges were properly assymetrical. Now they are just two symetrical slashes over your cowling.

Ghost: Your ammo counter has been raised- but you now have a useless second one right beside it. Whats the point? This plane will NEVER have a secondary armament. Even if Pyro gives it the bombrack and cookies it might as well be the secondary fire on your primary gun. Before the second one was there, but you never saw it anyway?

And now the shift in the cockpit bars higher means the up view looks like a 109, this isn't right...  the La5 never had visible bars looking straight up. And the original model didn't have this.

I am not nitpicking here...  I didn't mention how the FN models almost 70% after the original swith had the FN diamond on the cowling, how the oil cooler scoop opening has the bottom same colour as the cowling so looking in you cannot see it is a hole..  and many many others. I am just pointing out larger stuff.

And Ghosth- your comment
"Nuff said, I can live with the errors. I'd rather have another new plane."
Pretty much proves you didn't need to post here. How would you feel if these things were done to a plane YOU loved and had flown since Beta?

Come ON here ..  Verm? Leo? anyone out there?

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2001, 11:30:00 AM »
Sorrow, I didn't change the outside model at all..... I just changed the cockpit and the canopy. If there are any mistakes in the rest of the model, they have always been there. When I make the LA-7, I will check all of the points you made. I'm pretty sure you will have to live with the Art. Horizon. I will see what I can do to make the temp gauge more visible.

------------------
Nathan "NATEDOG" Mathieu
Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE SQUAD=-

".... And on the eighth day, God created beer. "

Offline PG monster

• Zinc Member
      • http://wio.boom.ru
Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
And where are 2x100kg bombs ?
Historically La-5 carried that!

------------------

http://wio.newmail.ru

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
We are getting the La-7, then?

Cool  .
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Sorrow[S=A]

Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2001, 04:26:00 PM »
Nate: Something happenned to our gun bulges  

On the 5GIAP site we have screenshots of the original and it did have the assymetrical gun bulges. Now they are just two slashes in front of the cockpit. Could something have gotten left out when the skin was recompiled?

As for the rest and the La-7 TYVM! Cannot wait to see it!  

Offline Asmodan PL

• Zinc Member
Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2001, 05:09:00 AM »
I Love my LA5, btw it look`s greater then ever before ! <S> Nate great work

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Fix the La-5FN
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2001, 01:21:00 PM »
One nice thing about the La-7 will be that intake on top of the cowling will be gone, and that'll really help people with shooting.  Also, I think WEP will last to around 10k in La-7.  Not certain, but some NII VVS docs show that it functions that high.

------------------
leonid, Kompol
5 GIAP VVS-KA, Knights

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz