Author Topic: Remember when....?  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2005, 07:17:42 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
I wouldnt go that far. but there was a hell of alot more chivalry and honor then. Then there is now

The game.... The MA is far too big now for any of that. New players everynight, all thinking they're gods gift to AH... What do you expect is going to happen? There was time when everyone pretty much new everyone else. Now, everyone pretty much talks smack to everyone else.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2005, 07:31:47 PM »
What I miss from AW:

Spawcamping A-1 with DeadDuck in an A-26 parked at the end of the runway.
Picking on the "Half Time" arena dweebs (they didnt call it RR back then).
"Spin" fighting FW190's.
Out turning Spits in the A-26.
Gunning for Pyro and Rabid in B-25's.
Trying to kill Pyro and Twisted in a B-25, Pyro driving, Twisty gunning.
Dropping a row of bombs right down the middle of the runway.
Furballs in the middle atoll of the old original small PAC.
Hellcat and F4U "speedbrakes".

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2005, 09:54:42 PM »
Correction: C-toll. ;-)

Yeah, I'd love to see the O'club actually have a purpose. Does anyone know why it's even IN AH? I liked it as a gathering place, and was a great place in the game to just hang out, chat, and squad recruit.

As for factories: One place to start making factories more meaningful is to control Perk planes. Sick of those 262's? Send some buffs in and kill the perk factory. Watch how the Knits ***** as brick when they lose all their favorite rides and have to fly real planes. ;-) Having factories for "regular" planes I don't think would have the kind of effect to make going after those factories really worthwhile.

I seem to remember another thing AW did was, if fuel at a base was damaged or destroyed, it would first make your plane suck down gas like Homer Simpson at an all-you-can-eat a buffet because of reduced octane, and could eventually get to the point where you could only fly some aircraft. Most effect I've seen so far in AH is not being able to carry a drop tank.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: Remember when....?
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2005, 07:38:41 AM »
Originally posted by Lan784
i dont know about you guys but the 2 years ive been playing this game have been the most exciting thing i have ever done. However recently ive noticed hardly any missions r ever up and when they are they r just a 6 person mission. I remember when i first joined that there was missions up every 10 minutes and they were usually big missions around 15 guys. Remember when the rooks worked as a team instead they are furbal kings. Remember when knights were the fierce knights, now they gettin there butts beatn. Bishops..........  Remember when this game was about winnin the war instead its now find a furball and kill. Remember when???

i blame morpheus :mad: :mad: :mad:
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Remember when....?
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2005, 08:20:30 AM »
Jacko blames it on the boogie- i agree
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2005, 12:02:20 PM »
You want war ?

One from many good things from AW was the Fighter Factories and the
results of their bombing. Loose Spits and lalas a good thing :))

Fight to protect them. And fight High.

Big Bomber formations will rise in the game to kill the factories but also
a lot of vultures will come high to protect their lovely fighter factories.

Put the factories to those cities in the map who ,now, do nothing.

Bring maned 88s to protect the cities.  One man to control 10 88s
(use formation code).

And keep the other game as is (field captures).

So we will have And Low And High fights.

Also Big Fuel and Ammo Factories must affect game.
Protect them, or die.

BUT all these factories must be BIG enough so you must need a BIG try
from MANY Bombers or even MANY fighters to have results.

( Something Like Ploesti  http://www.ww2guide.com/oil.shtml ).

NO WAY 1 or 2 porkers to affect the strategy of the game.

Bring also artillery to ground war so you again need to destroy it from air,
but also to protect it (this support the low alt fights).

Let the war rolling :)

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2005, 12:11:44 PM »
i have been playing for over 5 years. back then i was a squeeky-voiced dweeb without a joystick. now i can drop a bomb in a pickle barrel from 35k while under fighter attack. i can fly a mossie under the treeline all the way to HQ. but i have noticed a lack of enthusiasm for missions. i remember the day of the "Waffen" missions. upwards of 30 bombers in a single mission.

Offline LtPillur

• Copper Member
Re: Remember when....?
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2005, 04:27:12 PM »
i dont know about you guys but the 2 years ive been playing this game have been the most exciting thing i have ever done.

Haven't read the entire thread but... remember the first time you got laid? The first time you got drunk? The first time you drove a car solo? The first time you soloed a REAL plane? The first dive to 100 feet with SCUBA? The first vertical climb over 500 feet? The first hike of the Grand canyon rim to rim?
If not then get your arse off the computer and live a bit. Cause being young won't last forever. And if your over 50 and this is the most exciting thing you've done, it really IS time to start living.
Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is a cool game and not much more.
peace
Pillur (who's glad he did these and more cause now my back won't let me)

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2005, 07:24:32 PM »
IMO Fuel should be allowed to be dropped to 50% just enough to defend the field but not enough to cause  the loss of 25% which only allows you to climb and then come back down.  

Another thing AW did AW3 I played in '97 is that when facilities were destroyed your aicraft became airborne damage with oil leak or parts missing due to the facilities being destroyed and aircraft losing upkeep.

I think this would be better if there was an aircraft factory for each country.  But more that the further it was destroyed the less performing aircraft could be used at all fields, as oppossed to destroying the Hangar at a frontline base that this could happen as well. Would Be neat to have and would give strat bombers a real target other than field and town.

Offline Lan784

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Re: Re: Remember when....?
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2005, 08:51:38 PM »
Originally posted by LtPillur
Haven't read the entire thread but... remember the first time you got laid? The first time you got drunk? The first time you drove a car solo? The first time you soloed a REAL plane? The first dive to 100 feet with SCUBA? The first vertical climb over 500 feet? The first hike of the Grand canyon rim to rim?
If not then get your arse off the computer and live a bit. Cause being young won't last forever. And if your over 50 and this is the most exciting thing you've done, it really IS time to start living.
Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is a cool game and not much more.
peace
Pillur (who's glad he did these and more cause now my back won't let me)

hmm good idea NOW THAT MY HARD DRIVE IS A MELTED PIECE OF CHIPS i will. And i always have. Where do you think i go after school??? I get off at school at 2:30 and dont get on Aces High till 4:00 the earliest.I am posting from a different computer.

Offline LtPillur

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Re: Remember when....?
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2005, 09:15:22 PM »
hmm good idea NOW THAT MY HARD DRIVE IS A MELTED PIECE OF CHIPS i will. And i always have. Where do you think i go after school??? I get off at school at 2:30 and dont get on Aces High till 4:00 the earliest.I am posting from a different computer.

I have no idea where you go after school. But you have a REAL life for 1.5 hrs after school? Anyway you said "Originally posted by Lan784
i dont know about you guys but the 2 years ive been playing this game have been the most exciting thing i have ever done." And somehow I thought you needed to get out a bit or that you were still in school.  In either event enjoy life to the fullest outside the net as well as inside. And I hope you get your chips up and running.
Peace
Pillur

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2005, 03:07:28 PM »
<< I think this would be better if there was an aircraft factory for each country. But more that the further it was destroyed the less performing aircraft could be used at all fields, as oppossed to destroying the Hangar at a frontline base that this could happen as well. Would Be neat to have and would give strat bombers a real target other than field and town. >>

Not only one factory for each country, one factory for each fighter .
But if this is too much, then 1 factory for every dweeb plane.
Spit, Lala first, and add others later.

And ofcourse, now the bombers will have a real target with real value witch
his destruction will give obviously results...the clean up of the skies from
dweeb planes.

Lost whines will be heard again.... wwaaaaa i cant have my plane i paid for,
waaaaa noone have the right to kill my game, waaaaaa give me back my spit.

well, protect it....

Great Battles High. The return of Alt Monkeys.
We shall see all these, with the return of fighter factories BUT as i wright before
some posts, the game must also give the opportunity for low fights so
anyone can choose.

For the fuel, a pony with 50% can hit any target at the frond line and will
never need more @ the 90% of the missions.
25% will affect badly Lalas and Spits.
We need something in the middle.

What we want from this is a reason who will Force the fighters to protect their fuells and all their strategic targets.
As it was in Real World.

Then the ponies lightings jugs me109s and b17s b24s will fight where they was
designed for, and where they was fighting in reality.

Also mobile artillery and his hunting can give big support to the low fights,
but also to the ground war because now you have another way to destroy
strategic targets (105s, 155, and Katiousa Rockets are enough) (usa Artillery was not the best but we can have the exact ballistics).

Imagine clouds of Stuka and Il2 to hunt these artillery which will operate with
formation code (one man controls 10 cannons).
And clouds of fighters to hunting the stukas but also clouds of fighters to protect them.

If someone have not catch it still, The High Alt war will resemble WWII Europe, and the Low Alt War will resemble Eastern Front Both inside AHII,
so anyone can choose, and every plane will fight where it was designed.