Author Topic: Duke, your set up?  (Read 396 times)

Offline JSparrow

• Zinc Member
Duke, your set up?
« on: December 26, 2005, 12:40:44 PM »
Just wanted to ask one more time, if I may.

All weekend the AJ have had the A6Ma5, Ki-84, the N1K2-J and two fully operational CVs.

The allies have the F4U-1 and the F6F and no operational CVs

Why?

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Duke, your set up?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 01:52:22 PM »
pay back!
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

VWE

Duke, your set up?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 04:03:16 PM »
HA! :furious :rofl

Offline JSparrow

• Zinc Member
Duke, your set up?
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 04:39:56 PM »
:cry

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Duke, your set up?
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 05:47:05 PM »
Both sides should have 2 CVs. Allied side keeps losing thiers for some reason. I'll go check it out.

F6F-5 and the F4U-1 are a potent combo vs the Japanese rides, you just have to really use your head against the N1Ks and Ki. The Ki-84 is the best fighter in the set.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Duke, your set up?
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 06:10:25 PM »
Seems okay in the Corsair if your working as a team.  Still all it takes is one screwup and the Ki-84s eat your lunch. I've actually learned a little bit on how to fly the F4U thanks to Batfink who let me live long enough, and gave me a few pointers on the F4U while he was buzzing around me in a KI-84.

If you check the plane vs plane kill stats their way in favor of the Japanese rides.

I've died more this week then I care to mention. The runway collisions are almost as deadly as the Ki-84s and N1K2s   :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Duke, your set up?
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 12:31:33 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Seems okay in the Corsair if your working as a team.  Still all it takes is one screwup and the Ki-84s eat your lunch. I've actually learned a little bit on how to fly the F4U thanks to Batfink who let me live long enough, and gave me a few pointers on the F4U while he was buzzing around me in a KI-84.

If you check the plane vs plane kill stats their way in favor of the Japanese rides.

I've died more this week then I care to mention. The runway collisions are almost as deadly as the Ki-84s and N1K2s   :aok

agree with the collisions, as for the F4U-1 vs the Ki-84 , I think it is more pilot than actual plane strength,  ki84 is got some good turning ability when slow enough to use flaps, can climb great, and has hispanos, vs the HOG is just BLUE......:D

them runway collisions are a crock!!!! say you tell your wingy I am upping, you click on it to roll, he waits, then clicks he actually loads faster than you and you are just starting to move when he pops up, or vice versa, or you take off 1 end of RW he the other, well someone else comes along and ups on top of you or your wingy.......everybody's Computer / net speed are all different and even if you chose to up with time in between someone else might hope in the game and jump right to take off not thinking about anyone else!

still, there is no problems with F6f-5 or  F4U-1s fighting zekes, or nikis or ki-84s!!! and you can even fight in close with them not BnZ type stuff.....

only when 4 & 5 to 1 or to 2 ganging happens then it gets a lil fun ( read harder to deal with )

had some great fights & fun in the few days I got to play this setup!!! ~S~ everyone and Happy New Year!!!

BAN THE FRIENDLY COLLISIONS ON............!!!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

storch

Duke, your set up?
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 06:57:44 AM »
I played in the arena about three hours last night.  the whole time in a corsair or a TBM and never got above 3k in altitude.  I got shot down lots but always when I was being either picked or double or triple teamed.  the F4U-1 does just fine against the N1K2 or the Ki84 and will even pull sufficient lead for a killing burst on a zeke in an angles fight provided you don't flat turn with it.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Duke, your set up?
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 10:13:20 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
ki84 is got some good turning ability when slow enough to use flaps, can climb great, and has hispanos

:huh

Ki-84 has Ho-5s, which have a much higher RoF, lower muzzle velocity and much lower damage per hit than do the Hispanos.

Why'd you think it has Hispanos?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

storch

Duke, your set up?
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 10:45:43 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
:huh

Ki-84 has Ho-5s, which have a much higher RoF, lower muzzle velocity and much lower damage per hit than do the Hispanos.

Why'd you think it has Hispanos?
hmmm I too was under the impression that the Ho-5 was a japanese knock off of the Hisso type 2.  where are we wrong here?