Author Topic: Setup for 23 Dec  (Read 3947 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2005, 10:16:14 PM »
FM 2 has been added. Not much as far as Allied rides goes, can hang with the 84 in a low speed fight.

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2005, 12:53:27 AM »
Don't see a need for the -1D....kitty carries same ord package if you want to do an attack run.

Slash added the FM-2 on the CV's.....probably woulda added it as well, to counter the A6m5b sooner or later, but wanted the allies to work together to counter the Nik/Ki threat.  Saw good work tonight by the 78th against the Ki, which was needed.

Though not a "historical" setup, wanted to push "historical" tactics.....ie....you don't fight a zeke or frank without a little teamwork.
Duke

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »
I guess it's good that if the allied players can't compete you should give them a crutch

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2005, 07:47:13 PM »
Originally posted by RTR
I agree with Slash. The F4U-1 kicks butt.

It should be dominating this arena in my opinion. Not sure why its not getting the exposure it deserves.
Cheers,
RTR

am on my way RTR,  see if I can make a difference :rofl

Originally posted by storch I guess it's good that if the allied players can't compete you should give them a crutch

well, it is the holidays so prob alot of the allied top flyers haven't been in the arenas much :O

just messin with ya,  Storch!!!

Happy New Year CTers ~S~

TC
The Damned
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline XAKL

• Copper Member
HO'n
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2005, 09:46:03 PM »
Originally posted by Bear76
Good planest. Flew the CT first time in awhile. Jumped in to help in a 2 on 1 and clear a guy. Got HO'd. Got HO'd 2 more times and finally rammed. Kind of expected better in the CT and of course when I said "what's with the Hoin" I got nothing but grief from the 2 F6's. Apparently that was the norm all day and the F6 guys just assumed they would be HO'd in turn. Not the fights I had hoped for.:(

Bear

I hate HO, but in this plane set, I might only have one shot, one chance, before dem rice putters are on my 6.  

So, have a heart, I just switched to Sanka.

:(

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2005, 11:47:47 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I guess it's good that if the allied players can't compete you should give them a crutch

Maybe you should stop in and restore their confidence with a few lay up kills:aok

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2005, 05:24:44 AM »
Originally posted by Raptor01
F4u-1 is fine when it has space to manouver (a 5k co alt fight would be fine) but today I joined and ki84s were pretty much vulching.

was zekes when I logged in vulching over the allied field, with that said, think maybe the allied side even flew over to do same thing to the axis side as well.

as 5k alt to maneuver, if ya got the speed and fly to your strengths, the F4U-1 can deal with the Ki-84, N1K1 and even the zeke on the deck, under 5k , or with alt

When I upped a f4u1 the fight would end up on the deck, full flaps. Ki-84 has a big advantage over the f4u-1 at those low E states, it can nose up and f4u cant follow.

I love the F4U-1, I don't mind getting into an angles fight with any of the three planes I mentioned above, with that said, everytime I chose it as a KOTH ride, some ACE pile-it usually hands me my ripcord :D

Allies don't have anything that can match it in a fair fight.
Japanese have 3 fighters where there are only 2 US fighters. Maybe add FM2?

don't think any fight is fair, you either have the advantage or the disadvantage of the fight, now learning what to do when on the disadvantage end is what is key.

Last night was a blast, had a fight with a niki, ki-84 and a6m5 all at same time, I eventually bought the farm, but it was fun while the fight lasted :cool:

edite: hmm, I didn't by the farm, kongkyuk, asked how I survived, told him I was lucky! I bought the farm alter on in another fight trying to clear someone's 6 then got mine cleared but got waxed by the zeke chasing the guy who cleared me :lol  

when flying the F4U-1 and you get into a good knife fight with the Ki-84, most people I have come up against do not know how to control the E build up of the Frank, they let it accelerate til the -1 Hog is able to stay inside the Ki-84's turning radius........and the Ki-84 is unable to lower its flaps. The Hog will just sit there and float nose low spiraling down watching the Frank pop right out infront of them.

Great fights last night, bought the farm as much as the other guy but enjoyed it all, and noone vulched me. I chased a zeke back to his cv, didn't kill him, but made him miss his controlled crash on the flight deck :rofl

biggest thing in this plane-set match up, as probably any other match up is reading the other planes E-state......it'll tell you what you got to do verses what he can/cannot do and where you want to take him, depending on your own planes strength/weaknesses

now if I could get better at practicing what I always am saying :aok
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 05:32:31 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2005, 06:55:02 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Maybe you should stop in and restore their confidence with a few lay up kills:aok
I'll be glad to stop in when there is a set I like.  of course with you two knuckleheads running the show that may be some time coming. :aok

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2005, 07:01:05 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser

don't think any fight is fair, you either have the advantage or the disadvantage of the fight, now learning what to do when on the disadvantage end is what is key.

I agree. If we're going to have historical plane matchups every setup cannot be fair.  The setup changes weekly. Some weeks the Axis have the advantage, some weeks the Allies, some weeks there is parity. Reap when you got the good rides, overcome when you don't. Or you can fall back on the old stand by.   Piss, moan, and insult on the BBS, and channel 200.:cry

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2005, 07:31:58 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
If we're going to have historical plane matchups every setup cannot be fair.  The setup changes weekly. Some weeks the Axis have the advantage, some weeks the Allies, some weeks there is parity. Reap when you got the good rides, overcome when you don't.

Heh.  I wholeheartedly agree with this.

- oldman

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2005, 08:02:11 AM »
I'll be glad to stop in when there is a set I like.  of course with you two knuckleheads running the show that may be some time coming. :aok

Yeah, wouldnt want to fly a set when the Axis have the best plane in the inventory available now would we? If you did, there will be no easy "my airplane is undermodeled" excuse.

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2005, 08:03:56 AM »
I haven't played the arena much in over a month and will probably stay away so I should just keep my opinion to myself.  however if you guys deem it correct to add a plane not in the planeset to pacify the players who can't deal with the set up as it is after the decision has been made you will be forced to do the same every week. think baseball think umpire think bad call.  I agree that the FM-2 should be there.  it makes sense for it to be there.  my question is why implement it after the whining instead of having thought the set through prior to it's posting?  the Ki61 should be there as well, why was that not added?  the next time you have those rediculous spitfires in a set will you add the A6M5 on lend-lease to balance the set up? no!! ok how about adding the 109K4 if its a 1944 set up? no!!! ok how about the 110 C-4 and the 110G-2 no!! congratulations you have just manufactured the formula for being called to carpet for every set up from here on out.  you deserve all the complaints leveled against you because your thought processes are flawed and your arrogance knows no bounds.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 08:10:22 AM by storch »

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2005, 08:09:49 AM »
add the Ki61 for those that like that plane. you may want to add the FM2 as well.
:)

Offline Kongkyuk

• Copper Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2005, 10:33:07 AM »
edite: hmm, I didn't by the farm, kongkyuk, asked how I survived, told him I was lucky!

WTFG TC, They were awsome fights, in your F4U1,, I still want a 1v1 :aok

Offline Kongkyuk

• Copper Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2005, 10:35:24 AM »
edite: hmm, I didn't by the farm, kongkyuk, asked how I survived, told him I was lucky!

LOL forgot to post it this way.

And I want a 1v1 in F4u 1's:D