Author Topic: Setup for 23 Dec  (Read 3952 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2005, 10:27:59 AM »
Two more days........

Crown Bug '06 :aok

P.S.  Under my reign spelling and punctuation will count.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2005, 10:37:37 AM »
Originally posted by TheBug

P.S.  Under my reign spelling and punctuation will count.

Spelling Nazi?!?!?!?!:(

Where's Brady when you need him?

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2005, 10:47:45 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Spelling Nazi?!?!?!?!:(

Where's XXXXX when you need him?

I was considering granting you an Earldom, but not if you continue to speak of "he who should not be spoke of".

Still to this day the Kingdom of Light continues to battle against the evil shadow he cast upon the CT.  I will not be duped by his trickery, he was a crafty devil.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2005, 11:20:27 AM »
Forgive me sire. I shall fast for 30 minutes for my mention of "him":(

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2005, 11:52:39 AM »
Forgive me sire. I shall fast for 30 minutes for my mention of "him":(

Finally this thread is returning to a semblance of intelligent conversation. My work is done here, back to playing War in the Pacific.:aok
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2005, 02:20:08 PM »
Sure VW, I hold total control over the CT. email Skuzzy, plead your case, and have me removed. Shouldnt be that hard since Im the one responsible for keeping the CT down.

lol:aok

VWE

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2005, 02:57:04 PM »
Anyone who thinks the CT Staff is some exclusive club who wants to keep things all to ourselves is misled. If you want to be on the staff let some one know.

What a crock! I offered to help, to contribute and nothing came of it... I even spoke with Skuzzy about you way back when and untill a new admin vote is put on the board your it, unless you quit. But you wouldn't do that would you slush?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2005, 03:04:06 PM »
I quit as full time staffer months ago.. Whatever else it is you're talking about, I have no idea.

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2005, 05:35:03 PM »
Originally posted by Bear76
I've flown axis for years and I've never bought into the allied bias thing, niether in the planes or the planesets. There is a difference between fair planesets and historical planesets. The CT is supposed to be historical and the planes should reflect that. If you are in a squad that is exclusively allied or axis then you have to be willing to accept that your planes will not always have a performance advantage over your opponent depending on the time frame of the map. That is why, as in WWII, tactics had to be developed to either take advantage of your planes strengths or it's weakness's. Obviously not all want that kind of restriction thus you have the MA.:aok

WHOOP! THERE IT IS!  :cool:

The Bear Man has hit it right on the head. I have also put my time in with several Luftwabble squads, started other Axis squads to help out the CT when everyone was flying Allied and even put time on the CT STAFF. I couldn't have expressed it better myself. WTFG! You is Da MAN Bear! :aok

While I have had differences with the CT Staff while being a member of it and from the outside I don't think you can fairly say it is an "Old Boys Club" or they are trying to set everything so one side will be have more of an advantage than the other. Most of the players on the CT STAFF gravitate to the position because they are into "Historical" flying and care about what happens to the CT. Most, you will find DO NOT like the style of flying in the MA. They spend alot of their OWN TIME - WITHOUT PAY to see that everyone has a good time and gets a chance to fly their favorites as much as possible. They really don't deserve to, and shouldn't have to put up with the "BULLCHIT FACTOR" that is put out by many in this arena.

As for "Fairness" in some set-ups - sometimes it just isn't possible to make everyone happy due to the limitations of the set-up and the aircraft/vehicles/etc. of the time of the set-up. Some can be set-up to be pretty close. Others - Just like in the real battles of WW2 - someone is going to be blasted from the skies. More folks should give that a thought or move on to the MA if they can't live with it.

With that said..... Duke, the Navy vs. Army thing was a real TURKEY! Sorry, but it had to be said. LOL!  :D  But, that is just my opinion. (I had the same thing happen when I did the South American Football War & the 1956 Israeli War) Still it shows the CT Staff is working to TRY and come up with new things and make it more interesting for all of us. For that and the time they put into the arena EVERY WEEK they should all receive our thanks or at least an acknowledgement for their services.

THANKS GUYS! !  :aok
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 05:43:23 PM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline JSparrow

• Zinc Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2005, 06:44:52 PM »
Sure, clue me in as to how the F6F-5,F4U-1,FM-2 vs Ki-84, N1K, and A6M5 is some fantasy set up. Oh, let me guess. The -1 is way to early and so outclassed. The F4U whines have come full circle.

I had a long reply to that but deleted it.  No matter how right or wrong, it wouldnt mean a thing.  So with that, I decided to reply with what Bear said.

...... There is a difference between fair planesets and historical planesets. The CT is supposed to be historical and the planes should reflect that. If you are in a squad that is exclusively allied or axis then you have to be willing to accept that your planes will not always have a performance advantage over your opponent depending on the time frame of the map. That is why, as in WWII, tactics had to be developed to either take advantage of your planes strengths or it's weakness's. Obviously not all want that kind of restriction thus you have the MA.:aok

The Ki-84, N1K2J, F4U-1D, F6F-5 all fought during WWII but not at  the same time, all based at the same fields ten miles from each other.  Thats not what the CT is supose to be NOR IS IT HISTORIC.  Thats not why the CT was created.  Most who started the CT, correct me if my sources are wrong, were players from WarBirds which had the "Historic Arena".   The CT was to be the same thing.

The CT is really taylored for squads, not individuals learning how to dogfight....thats what the DA is for!

Shane I wasnt taking a jab at ya there either....I respect your flying skills!  Hope you took it that way.  Just wanted to be clear.

I came back, gave it a try....took a look at what was new for the year I was gone...... but it still ain't what I want.  No big deal, life goes on.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 06:50:09 PM by JSparrow »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2005, 08:48:59 PM »
Originally posted by JSparrow
I had a long reply to that but deleted it.  No matter how right or wrong, it wouldnt mean a thing.  So with that, I decided to reply with what Bear said.

The Ki-84, N1K2J, F4U-1D, F6F-5 all fought during WWII but not at  the same time, all based at the same fields ten miles from each other.  Thats not what the CT is supose to be NOR IS IT HISTORIC.  Thats not why the CT was created.  Most who started the CT, correct me if my sources are wrong, were players from WarBirds which had the "Historic Arena".   The CT was to be the same thing.

The CT is really taylored for squads, not individuals learning how to dogfight....thats what the DA is for!

Shane I wasnt taking a jab at ya there either....I respect your flying skills!  Hope you took it that way.  Just wanted to be clear.

I came back, gave it a try....took a look at what was new for the year I was gone...... but it still ain't what I want.  No big deal, life goes on.

Hawk I hate to say it, but you will never find what you want.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2005, 09:09:45 PM »
Originally posted by JSparrow
[B

I came back, gave it a try....took a look at what was new for the year I was gone...... but it still ain't what I want.  No big deal, life goes on. [/B]

I may not be following you here Hawk, but are you saying the F4U-1D and F6F-5 did not cross swords with the Ki-84 and N1K-J2? What would be your proposed set us involving these planes then?

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2005, 09:34:31 PM »

You can say that again...Bear is batting a thousand so far this thread.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »
I want a historical based arena, with historically correct planesets(no need for subbing), no MA capture the base BS, all the low lifes driven out(the first two should accomplish that) and  a strong, surviving group of historically based squads.  Could care less about the desire of pulling one person from the MA.

Put Grits in a skirt, make Storch a staffer, hell pull a pickle out of my bellybutton I don't care how it gets done.  But that's what I'd like to see become of the CT.  Doesn't sound like such an impossible feat to me, well except for the pickle part.  :aok

Crown Bug '06
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline JSparrow

• Zinc Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2005, 10:27:07 PM »

Bear,
It WAS here once before. Not AH but WarBirds.  The Historic Arena was great.  Especially "Taget For Tonight" on thursday nights.  The reason why I no longer fly WB was that they screwed up and lost a bunch of guys during a big engine model change, or something like that.  I tryed it a while back and the players dropped so much that the HA is gone.  WB is a has been.  It was great while it lasted but didnt change because of the players.  It changed because the WB staff screwed up.

I didnt come back to try to change anything.  I tested the waters and I didnt like it.  Your right though, I may not ever find it again.  No big deal, its just a game to me now.  I wised up, lifes too short to get hiped up over a game.

I like IL-2's flight models,  Aces High's Player Community and "Arena" based server, Il-2's realistic maps and airfields,  Aces High devotion to PTO as well as ETO and MTO.......but best of all, I liked WarBird's Historic Arena.  Only wish I could combine them all.

Gonna run off back into the woods now.......
Later Guys ;)