Author Topic: Possiable crash supect  (Read 246 times)

Offline Lan784

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Possiable crash supect
« on: December 22, 2005, 09:30:55 AM »
As much as i hate to do this but i just have to ask. Skuzzy When my computers hard drive crashed the other day i was playing aces high while it happened. I have a 80GB harddrive. Is it possiable after all these patches and skins and sound that aces high could be the cause? or is it another source?

Offline Lan784

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Possiable crash supect
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 09:31:38 AM »
I dont want this to happen again

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Possiable crash supect
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 10:31:08 AM »
It was prolly just a hardware failure , i recently upgraded hard drives and the one i replaced lasted 3 years running this game with no problems . If there was a problem with a program killing a hard drive ( ive worked on pc's for years and havent run into one yet, not that its impossible thou ) then alot more people would be in here talking about it .   Btw ive seen 3 month old WD and maxtor drives have hardware failures so it not uncommon . 38

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Possiable crash supect
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 11:08:11 AM »
Nothings crashed my harddrive. And I play Aces High quite a bit. As a matter of fact I have never had a hard drive crash.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Possiable crash supect
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 11:37:31 AM »
My 1 SATA hard drive kept getting bad sectors like once a week.  Turns out it was the sata cable was bad.  Had to put in my winxp CD in and boot off it and go to the recovery console.  Then I had to run chkdsk /r as the regular chkdsk that pops up when u boot up would not correct the bad sector.  Only thing bad about doing the chkdsk /r is it takes forever.  Like 45mins-1hr to complete but it definately fixes the problem.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Possiable crash supect
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 02:40:19 PM »
Software won't "crash" your hard drive to the point of repair. Some malicious software can trash Windows and require a format. Hardware failure is the most likily suspect.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.