Author Topic: resuppling a field  (Read 367 times)

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
resuppling a field
« on: December 27, 2005, 01:16:57 AM »
How exactly do you need to place the cargo on a field?
On conc or anywhere on the field?

Also what will field supplies bring back up?

Thanks

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
resuppling a field
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 02:14:36 AM »
You can drop supplies anywhere on the field or land on the runway and then drop them.  If in m3 or lvt just get to field, park and drop them.  You must open your cargo door then use bomb drop key to drop them.  If you are dropping while in flight you must drop them at 800ft or greater above ground level.  

Field supplies help to fix all the strats at the field (if I recall correctly).

Zaphod

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
resuppling a field
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 05:47:50 AM »
Originally posted by Zaphod
You can drop supplies anywhere on the field or land on the runway and then drop them.  If in m3 or lvt just get to field, park and drop them.  You must open your cargo door then use bomb drop key to drop them.  If you are dropping while in flight you must drop them at 800ft or greater above ground level.  

Field supplies help to fix all the strats at the field (if I recall correctly).

Zaphod

yeah, they reduce the time of repair. i think, but could be wrong that supplies take 15 mins off the downtime

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
resuppling a field
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 08:54:21 AM »
in an m3 or lvt, do not exit until the supply box explodes.

hap

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
resuppling a field
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 03:15:25 PM »
Do you have to wait a certan time for supplies to take? Is there a conformation message or something?

I dropped supplies on a field last night and landed but nothing indicated if the supply drop was succesful or not.

So I wasent sure if I was doing it correctly.

Does suppling a field help get ord and troops up faster?

Thanks again

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
resuppling a field
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 03:50:32 PM »
Originally posted by Elyeh
Does suppling a field help get ord and troops up faster?

Yes it does, but remember to wait till the supply box hits the ground, or blows up. I wait a couple extra second before I end flight.

About the only way to see if your supplies took, is to jump into the hanger and check perk points for last flight. If ya got some, it took  :)

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
resuppling a field
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 04:23:53 PM »
Also be mindful that supplies could take even if you don’t get perk points for them. If you drop within 880 yards (1/2 Mile) of intended field, and it is in need of supplies. It will take but you will not get any perks if you don’t get the "You have landed successfully" message. Its always advisable to land (End Mission) on the concrete at any base. While you can land successfully on the grass in some cases, there are variables that can cause a ditch to occur.
Example: on the current MA map. "Fester MA" you can land on the grass in a GV within 800 yards of any type of base. Be it a Port, Vehicle Base or Air base. BUT if there are NME planes or Vehicles you may end up with a DITCH! How close you ask? Figure that one out and you win the booby prize. :D Seriously though, i think about 8000 yards or closer is the threshold that determines Ditch or Successful landing.
PS  i used to be able to answer every Strat question you could think of in AH. BUT a lot has changed. And we don’t have an updated help files to refer to in regards to accurate Strat system info as of yet
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 04:27:12 PM by Mugzeee »