Author Topic: Need help with Fighting  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Need help with Fighting
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 03:21:53 AM »
Also take a look at Sodas Page .
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Need help with Fighting
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 01:46:14 PM »
Originally posted by 665AcE
Thank you guys for your support.

I have one more question.

1.) When I am behind a nme plane and then he turns.  I will always get outtruned and then i will fadeout and lose him and then he will come up from behind me and shoot me down.

Any tips?

AH TAG: 665AcE

XXO  8th/305thBG

Tip1: close throttle and youll get around tighter if your speed is above 220mph.

Tip2: if your in a "flap plane" pop out the flaps when you turn and hear the stall horn(better shortly before). Flap planes are F4u,p38,p51,f6f,p47

Tip3: learn how to lag turn, high yoyo, low yoyo, follow, control throttle,nose low turn,rope.

Tip4: learn about energy, positive energy tactic, negative energy,escape window

Tip5:learn about aggressive and defensive fighting.

Tip6:learn about merges, that is horizontal seperation, vertical seperation, early turning, angle, position, relative energy, chandle, immelman, break turn, high-g immelman, conserve-e merge.

Tip7: pick fights with not to many enemys around but at least 1 enemy for every 2 friendlies.... 6 on one wont help you...

Tip8:try to find your favorite plane and learn what it does better relative to which other plane.

Tip9:Film your engagements and watch the films, when you wonder why you got shot down.

Tip10:Ask a Trainer in TA to train you

Ok... i know that is a lot... best is if you concentrate on one subtopic for each of your training sessions... that still makes more than 40 sessions i know.
If your interested, maybe every experiencied player puts up a detailed description to each of the subtopics in here.

Plane:

My personal recommendation would be take up a spitXVI (16, the non perked one). Great roll and climb, pretty good turn. Still a lot of planes can turn tighter but its not all about flat out turning.
Other than that, P51D is pretty fast and a great plane, N1k, Ki 84, F6F, SpitVIII and, to an extend, 109G14 are real good planes, try em out and find your favorit.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Need help with Fighting
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 02:02:28 PM »
Fastest Plane:

Fastest "free" plane is the La7 (at low altitudes that is). Typhoon and 190D9 pretty fast too, P51D and 109K4 not bad either. I think thats the currently correct order for on the deck speed. Note that at 10k, 20k, 30k altitude the order is diffrent.

Best Turner:
The point is that eaven that a good pilot will get around on you eaven if your in a good turning plane by using the vertical and working with throttle and energy.
So if you sit in the best turner will not per se make you invincible, it will  just make sure that your ONLY option basically is turning.

Its hard to define which is best turner, because it depends on altitude and definition as well as fuel load. Verry good turning is spitVIII, spitIX, A6M5, Hurricane MKIIc, N1K, Ki84. There are some others too but those lack in engine power of fire power so bad that you probably wont want them.

Best Turn---Sustained Turn:
When you do sustained turning, as in going around in lvl circles for infinite time wihtout loosing altitude is what most would call best turner. To use this you need to fly at the speed which is best for your plane to get around the most degrees per second. The tricky part is that when you pull to hard on the stick you momentarily get around faster but loose speed, with the lower speed you have a lower turnrate. So when flying with your "best turner" at 80mph, because you end up at that speed when always using max instant turn, you no longer have a great turnrate. Some verry good turning planes have a weak engine, so their best SUSTAINED turn is not that great.

Best Turn--- Max Turnrate:
Max turnrate is at the point where you nearly blackout (tunnel) AND are at the edge of Stall, but no plane can keep up this speed in lvl flight. So you either loose speed and therefor quickly loose turnrate OR you loose altitude when turning in a downward spiral.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Need help with Fighting
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 01:52:30 PM »
Dont be afraid to experiment. Yes you will get shot down plenty.
But if ever you feel like your not having fun because of it. Then i might suggest that you learn and know you limitations, and don’t let your eagerness out weigh your ability.
Hope is not a method, neither is enthusiasm.
take it one step at a time. g/l
PS..i will be glad to spend time in training with you. Just say what time is good for you.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Need help with Fighting
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 04:43:38 PM »
As soon as you get it all figured out there Ace....lemme know....I could use some help:eek:

Training arena will keep you from getting shot down while letting you learn planes. If getting shot down bothers you thats where you should hang for a while.

And , as was said. Getting shot down is going to happen alot. Don't care who you are in this game , you will get shot down. Some do more than others , but everyone does at some point.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles