Author Topic: Couldn't resist :D large screenshots  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Lan784

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Couldn't resist :D large screenshots
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 07:20:07 PM »
i have that game pretty awesome graphics. However with breathtaking graphics like that there must be a flaw. Well there is. Im running a ATI RADEON X700 PRO 256mb and all i can get on full detail is a maximum of 30 planes (without ships) to run at around 60 FPS and more planes my frame rate starts to go into a flat spin and sadly it wont come out. Many times ive gone to 50+ to see how far I can push my graphics card. 57 planes was the absolute max that my graphics card can take. I had to restart many times even running 55 planes at once. Now this is pretty good considering my graphics card. Now the ships, the ships= to about 6 planes in comparisin of how much video mem it takes up. So in a sea battle I can run 4 ships(carriers) and 30 planes dogfighting. And the AA and AAA is goin off all at the same time, so it looks so cool. All in all you will definintly  need a pretty good graphics card to get the feel of the game. NICE PICs BTW:aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 11:22:06 PM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
good funking grief thats awsome.  Ubi softt has got it goin on in the graphics dept, and it is very playable on medium systems.:eek:

I know for a fact "it's playable on medium systems" -- but when you DO play it on medium systems it don't look ANYTHING like those images there. I know because I had to fly it on a low-end system, and while it "plays fine" it looks like s*** on a stick. Not even a good stick, a wire-frame one :lol

IL2 is one of the most resource intensive games if you want it to look like that.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 07:26:36 AM »
Originally posted by Lan784
57 planes was the absolute max that my graphics card can take. I had to restart many times even running 55 planes at once. Now this is pretty good considering my graphics card. Now the ships, the ships= to about 6 planes in comparisin of how much video mem it takes up. So in a sea battle I can run 4 ships(carriers) and 30 planes dogfighting. And the AA and AAA is goin off all at the same time, so it looks so cool. All in all you will definintly  need a pretty good graphics card to get the feel of the game. NICE PICs BTW:aok

It's not the graphics card, its your CPU. The AI routines are extremely CPU intensive. Especially the ships as each gun is equivelant to a single seat airplane. Then there are multi-station bombers, B17 = 9 single seat fighters.

Online there is no problem with 64 planes in the same vicinity, so long as the host can handle it.
-SW

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 07:24:31 PM »
Wish my water looked like that =(

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 07:41:07 PM »
Krusty, if you find a plus side to something, the world might end.

That water looks great. You can't have perfect water. Why? Because there are people like you who cry about non-perfect water, but also how you can't get it to run on a school-grade 10 year old (low end) computer. Also notice that those .DLLs are in the Beta stage.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline CMC Airboss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 01:59:04 PM »
Incredible water textures.   I can't wait to see the PF sheep graphics modeling  :D