Author Topic: North African New Year  (Read 3661 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
North African New Year
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2006, 01:19:57 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
Well, like I said, not everyone in JG54 is "ruining" the CT but if you want to wear that title with pride, you have most definately earned it. You claim to love the CT, yet you (and a couple others) have done more to harm it than anyone else. Maybe you should care what others think of you, but then you would be forced to stop acting like a child.

But heres the thing I dont know how a bunch of harmless trashtalking ruins an arena last time I looked MA was still around. But OTOH CT inst the MA, but because there are so few numbers in the MA people take it a bit more personal. Some people think they are going to come into the CT and everyones going to be kinda and gentlemanly but it will never be like that even if all the bad apples are kicked out there will always be others. I may ask like a child well mabey thats because im still part childish and immature, but I bet you had your act together at 19 eh? How bout this we agree to meet in 20 or so years mabey then Ill act grown and mature.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
North African New Year
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2006, 02:07:20 AM »
Ok thanks, that helps.....

:D
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
North African New Year
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2006, 02:15:53 AM »
hot damn, looks like it's time for me to get back to flying the CT and put some slobberdonkeys in their place.

again.

:rofl
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
North African New Year
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2006, 02:21:41 AM »
If only you fly the 190 again that was funny seeing you whine on CH. 200 becuase you kept stalling out:rofl
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
North African New Year
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2006, 03:45:28 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Ok thanks, that helps.....

:D

Yeah Yeager, you should have flown the CT way back when:rofl

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
North African New Year
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2006, 03:52:27 AM »
Originally posted by Larry
That why I posted the film also go on watch it. Oh wait then your post will look stupid dont click on the link.

well I'm sure your next post will out do mine.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
North African New Year
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2006, 03:56:34 AM »
woohoo I just made alittle edit to my avatar you like it? I hope you do you know me careing what other people think.:lol

Heck I'm just happy you got the spelling right:D

For someone who doesn't care what others think, you spend a lot of time replying to it?:confused:

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
North African New Year
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2006, 04:50:36 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Its interesting that you bring this 1 vs 1 thing up.

As long as Ive been around, 1 vs 1 was done in the dueling arena, or away from any frontline action.  In the CT, as well as the main, its always been who was in best position to attack, attacked, and the more the merrier.

I for one am always happy to share credit but I feel that I have sometimes barged in on private fights......without even knowing it.  No one says anything until afterwards.

I dont think thats what the CT was designed for, but I am willing to learn new things, so please clue me in on the CT 1 vs 1 thing......

for the most part, Yeager, it is due to the fact of the LOW #s in the CT, it is very easy for one side to become lopsided in just a cple of minutes and 1 finds him self in a 4 or 5 vs 1, doesn't happen much though, mostly 1 vs 1's and 2 or 3 vs 1's......  most people will ask if you need help, some don't. Others know when they see you introuble and ask that you are too busy to reply with an answer because you doing all you can to stay alive:D

is nothing like back when Gremlin & Urchin and the rest flew in the CT, but it does have its moments, and lately they have been plentiful......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Kongkyuk

• Copper Member
North African New Year
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2006, 04:52:30 AM »

Originally posted by Konkyuk
Out of respect for OM, I wont repeat what he said but, It wasn't cool it.
More like dont waste my time with you

Enuff said,, you just keep proving my point

Im talking about what he said in blue text [/B]

Your post finally showed up on my screen. I was refering to what he said verbally.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
North African New Year
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2006, 06:26:14 AM »
woohoo I just made alittle edit to my avatar you like it? I hope you do you know me careing what other people think.:lol

LOL one day TK you'll grow up.:rofl

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
North African New Year
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2006, 09:42:43 AM »
But heres the thing I dont know how a bunch of harmless trashtalking ruins an arena last time I looked MA was still around. But OTOH CT inst the MA, but because there are so few numbers in the MA people take it a bit more personal. Some people think they are going to come into the CT and everyones going to be kinda and gentlemanly but it will never be like that even if all the bad apples are kicked out there will always be others. I may ask like a child well mabey thats because im still part childish and immature, but I bet you had your act together at 19 eh? How bout this we agree to meet in 20 or so years mabey then Ill act grown and mature.

I will hold out the possibility that there are sado-masochists who enjoy being insulted, and that some of them fly in the CT.  Generally, though, I don't think most people like to be insulted.  Consequently the trash-talking detracts from the experience, if it's aimed at you.

If you're the one doing the aiming, I guess I just don't understand why insulting someone would make you enjoy the game more.  

- oldman

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
North African New Year
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2006, 10:03:35 AM »
Originally posted by TheBug
But judging by the fervor of their fighting, how could you possibly believe they fought for a political party, instead of the defense of their nation.  They were Germans, fighting for Germany.  To deem them at the gunpoint of the Nazi Party reeks of revisionism to me, I don't let them off the hook that easily.  But I won't also quickly dismiss their reasoning for going to war either.

Heh.  I think it was Charon who first pointed out that the German fliers were "defending" Germany over Warsaw, Norway, Denmark, France, England, Belgrade, Moscow...you get the idea.

That they were "Germans fighting for Germany" doesn't somehow make it honorable that they were fighting to conquer Europe and subject it to the rule of the Nazi party - which they had voluntarily adopted as their own government, and which they appeared very happy to follow up until the war started going the wrong way.

- Oldman (sorry....couldn't help myself....)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
North African New Year
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2006, 11:09:30 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
I will hold out the possibility that there are sado-masochists who enjoy being insulted, and that some of them fly in the CT.  Generally, though, I don't think most people like to be insulted.  Consequently the trash-talking detracts from the experience, if it's aimed at you.

If you're the one doing the aiming, I guess I just don't understand why insulting someone would make you enjoy the game more.  

- oldman

The same reason schoolyard bullies do it. They lack self esteem and it makes them feel better about themselves to redirect that negativity onto someone else.

Offline wonton

• Zinc Member
North African New Year
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2006, 11:13:30 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
The same reason schoolyard bullies do it. They lack self esteem and it makes them feel better about themselves to redirect that negativity onto someone else.

Shut up Grits, you maggot infested, horse pleasuring, crackbaby.

Wow, that did make me feel better! Now I know why I got pushed around so much when I was in school, it feels wicked awesome. I feel like a big tough man now.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
North African New Year
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2006, 11:33:32 AM »
I guess yall are to up tight and bitter to understard that its funny to see people get pissed that someone called them a tard in a game, and its makes it a easyer fight since it clouds thier judgement and they cant fight as well.

You didnt answer my question grits.

Bear since you care to just look at one side then post Konkyuk and Joedog were fighting me I was B&Zing in my 190 they tryed to go land knowing the hurri was kongkyuk i wasnt going to let that happen because I knew the next sorite he would have been at 20k so I want in after him. He may have been landing but I didnt even see his gear down. I think it was just his way of runing to the ack because he didnt have the alt. Hell I didnt even get the kill on him the other guy did.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner