Author Topic: 109Es Previews  (Read 557 times)

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
109Es Previews
« on: December 30, 2005, 07:17:41 PM »
These still need a few tweaks but I feel like showing them off now, since I've spent so much time on them.

This is 9./JG54 from the BoB.

This is 3./JG2, also from the BoB

This is III./NJG1 from the early days of the nachtjagers.

I'm also working on Balthasar's ride from the BoB in Stab/JG3, but don't have it far enough along to show off yet.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109Es Previews
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 12:37:07 AM »
Got a quick description of Balthasar's ride?

Are you sure that first one is from 9/JG54? I had a profile or two of it but could not find anything on it. It had a leaping cat on a yellow background on the port (and probably starboard) side. I tentatively ID'ed it as a plane from III./JG52

See this page:

http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/_data/divemblems/lwlions.htm

Scroll down to dogs/wolves it's the second row first column. I just deleted my surplus 109E images (lost the profile with this) but it was pretty common on the 'Net.

EDIT: Oh, I was going to add, before somebody began talking to me over me shoulder and distracted me: I didn't do that one because I lacked enough sources on the real plane. Did you find some?

EDIT 2: Found a link on the 'Net

http://www.battleofbritain.net/bf109e.jpg
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 12:57:15 AM by Krusty »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
109Es Previews
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 03:11:59 AM »
Um I already did the III./NJG1. Its been submited and got the reply from skuzzy. I posted pic a few weeks back and called dibs when HTC said they were doing the 109s and Spits after the 190s.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
109Es Previews
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 11:03:18 AM »
Sweet! they look perfect.
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
109Es Previews
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 08:23:39 PM »
Krusty said:
Got a quick description of Balthasar's ride?

A pic's worth a thousand words, so here you go (I managed to get it pretty much done today, PLUS managed to stop at a truckstop with WiFi for the 2nd night in a row):

There are many representations of this plane in books and floating around the web, some of which (including an Aeromaster decal set) show it having Green 1+|.  However, the photo I have of the plane shows these markings painted out, which is also how Sundin & Bergstrom did their profile, so I went with that.  Basically, it's RLM 71 overall, with some fresh 71 or possibly 70 overspray of the 1+|, and then carried on as mottling.

BTW, it was lots of fun making the 1s on the nose line up across the seam between the sides and top pieces :).

Are you sure that first one is from 9/JG54? I had a profile or two of it but could not find anything on it. It had a leaping cat on a yellow background on the port (and probably starboard) side. I tentatively ID'ed it as a plane from III./JG52

Well, there I worked from shakier sources, as in an Aeromaster decal sheet and no photo.  The cross-hatched pattern on the side is typical of JG54 (it was from before they spread the hatching out and filled in the gaps with lighter green, like on your F4 skin), the ~ is for III. Gruppe, and the yellow is the 3rd Staffel of that group, so 9./JG54 definitely works.  However, it lacks any Gruppe or Staffel badge, which in the case of 9./JG54 was the yellow shield with the red devil's head on it.  Still, a lack of a unit badge at this point in time wasn't uncommon, because replacement planes might not have gotten them applied before they started going on sorties.  So, in the absense of any unit badge, I think it's safe to call it 9./JG54, although it could of course be 9./something else.

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
109Es Previews
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 08:37:45 PM »
Larry said:
Um I already did the III./NJG1. Its been submited and got the reply from skuzzy. I posted pic a few weeks back and called dibs when HTC said they were doing the 109s and Spits after the 190s.

I've said it before, and I'll no doubt say it again.....

I drive an 18-wheeler for a living and am on the road for weeks at a time.  Very few truckstops have WiFi right now, so at present I usually get online no more than once a week while I'm travelling.  When I do get online, I usually don't have enough time to read every friggin' message that's come along since I last looked in here, because email and squad business have priority.  When I'm home for 2-3 days at a time, I live way out in the sticks so have a 23.6 dial-up connection, which is enough to play AH on but not enough to look at all the pics in this forum.  Thus, I often miss messages that somebody's called dibs on a particular skin.  OTOH, folks often miss the fact that I've called dibs on something, too.  I posted in the 109 Master List thread months ago that I was doing this plane.

In the past, when me and somebody else have done the same skin, I've already submitted mine before I learn of the problem.  It's not caused HTC any concern, however, because both versions have always made it into the game (check the Yak-9T and Dora skins).  In this case, however, I haven't yet submitted any of these skins, because I know from prior experience that emailing Skuzzy on a weekend means he doesn't get the message.  So I just won't submit the III./NGJ1 skin, if that makes you happy.  But like I said, I don't think HTC would mind having 2 of them.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
109Es Previews
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 09:33:36 PM »
Im not trying to be an arse but would that be this master list? If you look at krustys first post it shows the NJG 1 skin was alread being done by me. Also this is when I called dibbs on the 8/13/05 the pics are red Xs but you can see hawklore said "I'd love to fly that all black one, esep for night fights.." You can sibmit it if you want but since theres only a limit of 15 skins it wouldnt be good to see someone elses skin turned away but there are two of the same skin.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109Es Previews
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 09:39:15 PM »
Bullethead, check the link I posted in my second edit (bottom of the post) of the last post I made in here. It's a relatively small image and should load quickly. It shows a squad badge, which I've seen on a couple of profiles. It's in red (red 7 with "~" III gruppe) but is definitely the same markings.

As for camo in general -- the patterns might have been similar but each was unique. They were all done by hand, and every one was different. As evidenced by my "stripes filled in" skin, I did some searching on that, and there were many distinct patterns (same style but all the lines were different). If you can't find any other sources for this cross-hatch one, one thought is just change the codes to red 7 and put the JG52 badge on the nose (just a thought).

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
109Es Previews
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 10:44:49 AM »
Why not submit both skins, stop calling "dibbs" and let HTC decide on the better of the two?
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
109Es Previews
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 11:34:38 AM »
Originally posted by Octavius
Why not submit both skins, stop calling "dibbs" and let HTC decide on the better of the two?

Exactly, let HTC pick the better skin and be done with it.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
109Es Previews
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2006, 11:34:50 AM »
Originally posted by Octavius

Because they wont they will put both in the game liek they did before.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Blixen

• Silver Member
      • http://475thfg.bravehost.com/
bullet head please
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2006, 12:00:06 PM »
skin this `1