Author Topic: WWIIOL for sale in e-bay  (Read 3085 times)

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2001, 12:29:00 PM »
roflmao

the way I see it, all the serious MMOG fliers are still here and they are all I care about anyway. havent heard one person say they left AH (or prolly even WB for that matter) for WWIIOL's superior flight modelling.   :rolleyes:

you guys can have your ground war and enjoy it over there. When the system specs stop being something akin to an Athlon 1.4g with GF2GTS with 512MB ram, maybe i'll spend the money on it but by then the game will be in the bargain box at EB for under $10.  :) I went in there a week or so ago and there were 7 copies of the game on the shelf. An employee told me that before selling it to anyone they hafta tell em about the patches and crap.

hehe. It just makes me smile.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2001, 12:40:00 PM »
Well, AK, truth be known, this board resembles that one in one important aspect:  The self proclaimed board police, like yourself.

I don't fly AH, but I do like (some) of this community, so until you buy HTC and boot me, I guess you will just have to put up with me.

Life's a squeak ain't it?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2001, 12:47:00 PM »
Ah.. gotcha Gadfly.

So the basic difference is that while I decide not to frequent that board, you still chose to frequent this one.

Basically.. one is better?

Hmmm.

And if you're trying to compare me to what goes on over there... I'll have to say that's a pretty big leap.

Until then, you can reside to your AH BBS "police police" role and continue acting as if someone slamming WWIIOnline on this board really has any relevance to you or that community.

AKDejaVu

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2001, 01:08:00 PM »
can I be the police that polices the police police???  puhleeze????  hehehe
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2001, 05:05:00 PM »
I don't care what anyones opinions are, AK, that is where we differ.  I will try and give a contrasting viewpoint, if I feel it is relevant, but I don't think you will ever see me berating a game(if I don't play it) or a person with a different view, unlike you and a certain minority both here and there.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2001, 05:23:00 PM »
Ah.. the "I do not care yet I reply" reply.

As for your "never berating of a game"... I'm still laughing about that little play on words.  Good one.

AKDejaVu

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: AKDejaVu ]

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2001, 07:16:00 PM »
I care about the issue, just not what your)royal your) particular opinion is.  If someone posts that the game is unplayable, or requires a supercomputer it is simply wrong.  You are welcome to your opinon, but mine is different.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2001, 07:19:00 PM »
....don't care... must fight urge to reply... must sound condescending... must resort to insults... must play it off as if its other people's fault...

Thanks for stopping by gadfly.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2001, 07:23:00 PM »
BTW gadfly... read back through the thread a little bit.  I said I didn't like the BBS... you made it personal.

I really like the way you introduce insults directed at an individual then play it off as if its their fault that was necessary.

Ahhh... I guess that' pretty typical for the WW2 advocate these days isn't it?  Its not our fault we suck.. its everyone elses.  Its not our fault we insult people... they really deserve it.

AKDejaVu

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2001, 08:10:00 PM »
Hey AK, we outta play some type of game, work out our aggressions.  

Do you play Nascar4, or GPL or maybe even good old Command and Conquer?  I have most non-FPS games of the last 5 years, I'm serious, let's hook up and play something.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2001, 10:43:00 PM »
For once, my money is on DjV.

Offline Czpetr

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.virtualfighters.net
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2001, 01:24:00 AM »
AKDejaVu, have you played WWIIOL personally during past month? Is your strong reluctance against WWIIOL based on your personal experience? WWIIOL is not perfect, nobody says it is. And yes, you need much better PC to run it sufficiently than you need for AH. But it is still better and better. The great step forward was made from time of its release. The immersion of WWII battles is much stronger than at any other game, even in this unfinished version. You should have to try it to undestand it. I played AH occasionally from its beginning and have regular account from this September, it is good game, good fun but when I am able to get better PC and the WWIIOL war starts "for real" it will be my primary sim anyway. I am fan of WWII history and this AH mixed Ally/Axis quakish arena doesn`t make me very happy.

czpetr

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2001, 08:07:00 AM »
Hmmmm.  Never played WW2, have not purchased it.  I do troll the BBS over there from time to time to see how things are progressing.

The problem I have is two-fold.  
1) While some say, "ignore the BBS", I do have to note a Grand Canyon wide gap in the postings.  Some say it runs fine, others say it doesn't.  There appears to be about a 50/50 split between the groups.  This bothers me and keeps me from plunking down 40 bucks.  I expect bugs in software, and am very well versed at working around bugs, but the type of bugs expressed by the community is pretty significant.

And that brings me to the other reason why I cannot get into the game.  The community.  The WW2 BBS is a pretty nasty board.  People constantly flaming others, people complaining about all manner of game play, and the overall rudeness is just disgusting.

I harbor no ill-will towards anyone at WW2, but the BBS/community will keep me from ever even trying the game.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2001, 08:17:00 AM »
Skuzzy..

Screw you; yah lard assed panzie... who sez the BBS is hateful and insensitive. And where do ya come off saying the program is bugged? WHO sez the programs bugged?? (they all lie and are jealous because they don't have a Cray on timeshare, but so fediddlein what...)

Ahhhhhh. I feel much better now.

And Skuz, I love yah man.. I never bought that POS sim either.  :D

Is that a Bud light yer drinkin??
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2001, 11:54:00 AM »
I do have the game, and I do play it sometimes.  However, I don't like infantry games, and I don't care all that much for tank battles.  I like and want to fly.  Yes I can do that in WWIIOL right now.  (900mhz athlon, 512mb pc133 ram, 64mb geforce2gts get anywhere from 5-40fps regardless of resolution.)  Yes, the game is immersive.  I know if I'm in a Spit or Hurri, I will be fighting 109s or Stukas.  The flight model isn't all that bad, it feels ok. (sorry, SWulfe!!)  However, blinking dots on the edge of your visual range (same with GVs, he's there, no he's not, maybe he is...), lack of weather, the same cloud cover everywhere at the same altitudes, porked auto mission generators, and other issues I have with the game have made up my mind not to subscribe when the servers go pay to play.  It's not worth it to me.  If it's worth it to someone else, great and hope they continue enjoying it.  If the game ever gets to where I would enjoy it more, I might subscribe.

hehe, and then there's the quality of pilots in WWIIOL.   ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.