Author Topic: Paintball Anyone?  (Read 698 times)

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
Paintball Anyone?
« on: October 06, 2001, 11:14:00 PM »
Just wondering if anyone here plays paintball, and if so what kind of gun (marker if you prefer) you own?

[ 10-06-2001: Message edited by: XNachoX ]

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Paintball Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2001, 01:18:00 AM »
I had my Stingray with elongated barrel and scope back home. Couldnt bring it to the US though  :(

From the ones ive rented so far in the US, the Tippmann F-22 is my favourite, great handling and accuracy.

Of course, I dream of autocockers and AutoMags.. but im a poor SOB. :P

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
Paintball Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2001, 05:37:00 PM »
I got an '99 autococker w/ shocktech front block, new venturi bolt, All American teardrop 12'' barrel, and a few other neat things on it.  Only $250 :-D.

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
Paintball Anyone?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2001, 06:47:00 PM »
Funny this thread came up, I went painballing today with some friends. Man its a lot of fun! We all rented the guns, no idea what they were. It was cold and raining, that and the probably  cheap guns made hitting anything beyond 50 feet a stroke of luck but it was fun anyway. I discovered that the kids on your team are smaller and harder to hit so send them in first  :D.  I came home plastered in paint, with 3 or 4 good bruises, 2 of them from friendly fire at about 5 paces, but i cant wait to go again  :)

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
Paintball Anyone?
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2001, 07:11:00 PM »
heya Rosco....

i was thinking that maybe we could set up a match with some of the guys that live in the ottawa/montreal area..i know there are a few of us from around here.there are a few good fields in the area.

and chances are they were tippmans that you where using.

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
Paintball Anyone?
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2001, 08:36:00 PM »
Bump.  Who else?

Offline vatiAH

• Copper Member
Paintball Anyone?
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2001, 08:54:00 PM »
Tac,  

I have an Automag I'm looking to sell.  I stoped playing paintball about 3 years ago so all it's doing is sitting in my Gamebag waiting to be used.   It's currently still setup for Co2 use, but from what I have read it's not hard to convert it for a nitro system.  

I have the Original  Airgun Designs  Instructions and also the Video that takes you step by step threw the gun and how to care for it.   It has an Ultra Dot Sight on it, 2 barrels,  orignal crown point and a spiral ported barrel.  I can't think of who made the Spiral barrel but it did cost me some bucks for it.  View loader 2000 , 2 rebuild Kits ( Automags are matinance hogs) and bunch of other extra's.  If it's something you think you would be interested in, let me know by private post.  If not I guess I'll throw on Ebay.   It's not doing me any good anymore and it's too nice a marker not to be used.
Ductus Exemplo:  Lead by Example

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Paintball Anyone?
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2001, 10:40:00 PM »
vati, you are evil. How the heck am I going to pay for my car? ARGH.

(pics?  :D )

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Paintball Anyone?
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2001, 11:01:00 PM »
Last month I sold my 99' Autococker with nitro system, carbon fiber barrel, venturi bolt, and a few other things.

Its all about the player though. A good player will beat you with any marker. I did very good with my cocker, got invited to a few pro teams. i just quit the hobby because it can get very expensive.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Paintball Anyone?
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Animal:
I did very good with my cocker,

If that was true, your girlfriend would have never broken up with you.   :D

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
Paintball Anyone?
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2001, 12:27:00 PM »
Yea pug that sounds like fun. I might be able to bring a few extra targets as well  :)  

I dont know of any ranges around except the one we played at yesterday which is in Lancaster. Cant tell you if its a good one or not as I havent been to any others  :) But its less than an hour from Monteral and about an hour and a half from Ottawa.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Paintball Anyone?
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2001, 01:41:00 PM »
I've been playing monthly/weekly since '88. All my guns are Palmer made or enhanced. Here's a link to a hurricane I had built. I cut the stock down to a "L". Very comfortable, and deadly accurate.
 http://www.paintmagazine.com/pog/pics/memberspics/larry_sterling/huri_13.jpg

I'm also having a Phantom Rifle custom made. It should be coming home soon. Here's a pic of the 1st one ever made, mine will be 2nd ( I think).
 http://air-soldier.com/~punisher/rifleman3.jpg

Anyone playing in Nor Cal send me a msg, I'll be there.

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
Paintball Anyone?
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2001, 06:25:00 PM »
dang Vati that's a nice gun :-D.  Anyone got some spare parts for an autococker?  I'm looking to upgrade it some more.