Author Topic: TRIM TRIM TRIM Help Please  (Read 674 times)

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
TRIM TRIM TRIM Help Please
« on: January 06, 2006, 02:00:09 PM »
elevator trim ,rudder trim, aileron trim, I am havening a problem with the trim settings in my AC  if I turn off combat trim it wants to roll over do to prop torque. so I try to trim it but . it still wont fly level. any tips on proper trimming techniques?

What I have to  do now is fly around with my combat trim on all the time and I know I'm loosing performance that way.

should I see the trim bars in **** pit moving when I adjust the trim sliders as I see them do when I switch to combat trim?

also is the elevator response  supposed to be so slow. what I'm used to  in a few other flight Sims , is rolling on the elevator trim into a climb and havening the effect take place immediately. so the plane noses up very quickly. this is not happening when I do it  now. is that just a flight model thing ?
any tips would be appreciated
~S~RaVe
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 02:54:07 PM »
Check this article out.  It help me a lot.

http://www.netaces.org/ahtraining/lephturn/trim.html#top

Solar10

Birds of Prey
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 03:00:36 PM »
Yes, you should see the the line move on the trim instrument when you adjust it.  If its not moving, then it isnt mapped properly.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 07:07:14 PM »
get a X45 and use the rotors to trim
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 07:08:38 PM »
Thanks for the link and the   heads up on the trim indicators

:aok

Saadi

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 07:10:46 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
get a X45 and use the rotors to trim

rgr. I have the trim on the wheels I think that they are not map correctly

Saadi

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 07:27:12 PM »
you need to assign the axis in the AH jstick setup or use the saitek profile software and band the rotors into three with command for up/down/off
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 07:46:45 PM »
Thank you sir for the reply.
I did assign the axis in ah and I see the trim indicator in the pit moving .

but lets say for example elevator trim... when I have the wheel full left the indicator is centered when I turn the wheel full right the indicator is at the top. I'm not getting the full range i.e. I should see the elevator indicator at the bottom when im full left and at the top when full right. is that correct?

the same thing happens with the aileron trim and rudder trim I have only one side of each also.
 if I set axis at max#'s or if I set axis at 0 but  if I set axis in the center  I only get half the range. perhaps it supposed to work this way

BTW The stick im useing is an x52 I just got it so im not sure what you mean about your setting suggestion
~S~RaVe

Saadi

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 03:38:31 AM »
Trim work pretty much depends on plane you fly. So which plane is your favorite or which do you want help for?

I usually fly with auto trim off and switch it on and off quick to get the plane fly straight, then adjust the elevator trim if necessary. So basically i use manual trim only for the elevator, i dont know if ailoron or rudder trim makes any sense at all. If anyone thinks it does i would like to hear an explanation why. Elevator trim DOES make sense and helps in maneuvering as well as turn performance on some planes.

Depending on plane i want the elevator so the nose drops with speeds below 200mph and neutral on higher speeds.

On some planes i want up elevator, relative to auto trim, at high speeds to either get out of dives or get max turn performance (ki84 greatly improoved med and high speed turn with up elevator relative to auto trim).

Other planes i want down elevator relative to auto trim on slow speeds so i can drop the nose easier and prevent getting to slow.

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 10:34:05 AM »
Thanks for the  input ..
I fly the K4 allot
I was playing around last night and finally got it all figured out.
what messed me up was that the combat trim was not automatically turning of when I  used my slider or wheel on the joy stick.
so I disabled it now im home free
!S!RaVe

Saadi

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 09:44:07 AM »
i'm lazy so I just simply click my combat trim on then off whenever I change speeds or alts or E state, etc etc... gets me close enough in the ball park :)

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 09:47:11 AM »
let me elaborate a lil more.... I leave the combat trim off, i just click it on to get in the  ballpark for my trim then click it off and it stays in those settings ( close enough ) works very well when stallfighting / turnfighting and your constantly changing speeds and flap settings and you dont have the time to change it manually, as I said before, it gets you close enough IMO