Author Topic: Gun Camera Problem  (Read 247 times)

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Gun Camera Problem
« on: January 02, 2006, 11:01:20 AM »
I've looked and haven't seen this particular problem listed.  

I'm getting discoed when I start the gun camera recording.  Everything else works fine, good connection, no warping, and all the other controls work, etc. but when I start to record (Alt, r) my screen will freeze.  Sometimes this is just a momentary pause (1-2 secs) but much more often now it'll freeze for 10-15 seconds followed by a "host connection lost" and disco.  This started only a few weeks ago but is becoming far more frequent (11 discos on last count).  The only workaround that I've come up with is to start the recorder in tower.  If the recorder starts, I turn it back off and it appears to work correctly the rest of the session.  If I get discoed at least I haven't lost a plane (at least I don't think it counts agains me).  I'm thinking this has something to do with loading the record routine into memory.  Maybe if this is taking too long my computer isn't "talking" to the server so the disco.  

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mace
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Gun Camera Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 11:09:08 AM »
Might be that there are too many files in your films folder.

Move them to another folder for longtime storage.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Gun Camera Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 03:26:36 PM »
Yes, move the films out of your films folder.  Look in your Program Files/HTC/Aces High II/films folder and you will find your films.  You can save them in another folder if you wish to keep them.

This happens to me when I get about 100 films.  The first time I start a film, I get a long screen freeze.  After that, there is no problem starting films.
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Gun Camera Problem
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 03:50:13 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I do have a large number of fils (200+) and will move them and let you know how that works.

Mace
Mace

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Gun Camera Problem
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 10:17:42 PM »
Fixed.  Thanks guys.
Mace