Author Topic: Duke Cunningham wore a wire?  (Read 685 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Duke Cunningham wore a wire?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 06:25:45 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Is there somewhere that we can find all of the facts?

Understanding that Abramoff's job was to buy influence, and he really didn't care who from, and that power corrupts, and that we are talking of that bastion of upright and righteous behavior known as Washington DC, I think that Abramoff is only the one who got caught, and 90% is still under the surface.

Kinda like how convicting Heidi Fliess ended prostitution in LA.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Duke Cunningham wore a wire?
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 06:27:11 PM »
Originally posted by weaselsan
ROTFLMAO...If Abramoff gets the tribe to contribute directly and then gets what it paid for, thats ok, but if it goes to abramhoff then gets contributed thats not. Incidently how many Republicans have been indicted?

The American Indian tribes had, until 2000, contributed the vast majority of their politcal contributions towards the Dems. When they hired Abramoff things changed. The money given to him was misused for his party's benifit and not for the tribes benifit, that's where the charge of fraud comes to play.

Any contributions directly from the tribes are not under scruitney since those donations are perfictly legal.

Indictments will come when the DOJ decides it's time, just as Abramoff was indicted when they got the evidence they needed to indict.

BTW, giving back the tainted money doesn't absolve them of their crimes. The fact that the issue is so clouded by websites like the one you posted is the reason why some on both sides are returning money that wasn't tainted in the first place.

Now Jack Abramoff is singing like a bird trying to reduce his sentance, I sincerly hope he keeps his butt safe and doesn't have any unfortunate mishaps.

Now for a bit of logic unrelated to this case.

If one wanted to..

Who is it better to bribe, the party in power who can get things pushed through the legislature OR a member of the party who, for all intents and purposes, have no power and can't even get a bill out of commttee?

storch

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 06:47:01 PM »
say it ain't so!!! politicos accepting bribes!!!! who would'a thunk it?

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 06:55:10 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Hang 'em high, regardless of party affiliation. If it can be shown they were selling votes/influence they need to be made an extreme example of what happens to you when you do.

I wonder if accepting bribe $ from a foriegn .gov qualifies a congressian for a traitor's noose & if a soverign indian tribe qualifies for foreign for this purpose.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 06:55:24 PM »
Hang 'em high, regardless of party affiliation. If it can be shown they were selling votes/influence they need to be made an extreme example of what happens to you when you do.

what he said....

but it is funny how the dems & media are so desperate for anything to use against the right, they hang themselves in the process

lol
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2006, 07:02:48 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
what he said....

but it is funny how the dems & media are so desperate for anything to use against the right, they hang themselves in the process

lol

Oh yeah... as if one really has to search for a corrupt Republican lately.
sand

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2006, 08:51:22 PM »
Or democrat for that matter sandy.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2006, 10:41:10 PM »
democrats only take bribes from the chinese govt, (see algore)

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2006, 11:48:43 PM »
He blew 5 pajama wearing SOBs out of the sky. I say forgive him and jail Barack Obama, and Ted Kennedy in his place.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2006, 08:55:27 AM »
Originally posted by Pooh21
He blew 5 pajama wearing SOBs out of the sky. I say forgive him and jail Barack Obama, and Ted Kennedy in his place.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 09:11:10 AM »
He traded his hero suit for a crooked politician suit. He needs to do a little prison time.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2006, 10:53:51 AM »

Amen
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 01:05:45 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Is there somewhere that we can find all of the facts?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-
dyn/content/custom/2005/12/23/CU2005122300939.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2005/12/12/GR2005121200286.html

http://www.capitaleye.org/abramoff.asp

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Jack_Abramoff

I really dont expect the reps/bush supporters in here to give equal treatment to their corrupt repubs as they have to any dem that ever lived...My fave excuse in here is "the dems do it too".
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 01:42:31 PM »
should have been posted by Silat
I really dont expect the dems/bush bashers in here to give equal treatment to their corrupt demos as they have to any rep that ever lived...My fave excuse in here is "only look at the reps".

According to http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...5121200286.html  (posted by Silat) the Demos are only 75% as corrupt as the Reps.

I guess that means they get a pass.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2006, 04:32:05 PM »
Just as a side note, I thought it was hilarious when I saw that the Republican party finally got DeLay to back off his "I'm innocent and I'm going to get my job back!" speech.  The few people he had willing to stick their necks out and support him are backing off now.  :)  I guess the rotting corpse of his career is finally stinking too much even for the strongest stomachs to bear.