Author Topic: Gunner to Pilot:"hey, a lil to your left please!"  (Read 329 times)

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Gunner to Pilot:"hey, a lil to your left please!"
« on: June 04, 2013, 03:49:35 AM »
Referring to the He-111, how and all bombers fire.

First off:
When we change from pilot seat to any gun station, please have the gun point in its 'natural' direction, not all the way to one side or where ever.
Example: I switch to he-111's top gun and its pointed way to the left side of plane... boo!

Next part:
When at gun station, can we get the aiming controls linked to the plane controls please? This would help get the gun on the target.
Example: I'm at tail gun, if I most stick all the way to the left, then the rudder would kick in so the we can get gun on target!
Example: tail gun again, if pull the stick all the way back, to point up, have the plane nose down so that we can get the gun on target!

Rudders help!
Yes our rudder can get the plane to rock to the left and right to help get the gun site on target, and LEAVE THIS IN PLEASE, its good. Just add the stick to the controls also please!

He-111's front gun, in some models I thought the surrounding round window part could rotate to get a better angle on a plane coming in from above or below or left or right...
I just can't get an angle on anything with our He-111's front gun, so this wish!

This would benefit just about any bomber and make happier gunners!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:07:24 AM by Franz Von Werra »
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Gunner to Pilot:"hey, a lil to your left please!"
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 04:09:07 AM »
With regard to the first wish, I believe it is like this because all the guns try to coordinate with each other. So if you've been gunning and left the top turret pointing to 4oclock then the ball turret and tail gun will also point to 4oclock. The problem is that the nose gun will also point as close to 4oclkock as possible.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 07:01:48 AM »
get someone to man the guns for you, or fly bombers with multiple gun turrets instead of fixed gun mounts...problems solved.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 07:16:10 AM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 04:57:01 AM »
Mein Gott!

From pilot seat, I looked to back view... then click 3 button and tada... tail gun pointing backwards! VERY GOOD HTC CONTROLS HTC,  five years later though and I finally learn this...
shame on you guys!

I'd still like the plane to yaw, pitch or roll, whatever makes the gun go to further than its edge reach...

<S>
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'