Author Topic: White Screen(Need Help)  (Read 245 times)

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
White Screen(Need Help)
« on: January 10, 2006, 05:33:16 AM »
I have a friend who wanted to download Aces High II on his puter.  The download was successful but I ran into a problem at the log in screen for online.   The problem is that the clipboard for choosing online or off line play does not come up.  Instead the screen is White with some colored bordering indicating the clipboard (but no writing).  The puter also locked up which required it to be turned off to reboot (Control alt-delete would not reboot it).  Can anyone help with this problem.   I tried the texture size video settings at 512, 256 and 128 and had the same results.  The computer is a:

Dell Dimension 4300
    Intel Pentium 4  1.5 GHz  
    Level 2 cache:  256 Kb Integrated
   AG315-64 by SIS
    Chip type SIS 315 Rev 0
    DAC Type:  Internal
    Mem:  64 MB

I am of the opinion that his video card does not support Aces High II but he formerly played Aces High on the computer.  Any help/advice would be appreciated.    Thanks     :confused: wizer

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Re: White Screen(Need Help)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 05:58:01 AM »
Originally posted by Wizer

Dell Dimension 4300
    Intel Pentium 4  1.5 GHz  
    Level 2 cache:  256 Kb Integrated
   AG315-64 by SIS
    Chip type SIS 315 Rev 0
    DAC Type:  Internal
    Mem:  64 MB

I am of the opinion that his video card does not support Aces High II but he formerly played Aces High on the computer.  Any help/advice would be appreciated.    Thanks     :confused: wizer
The 64 MB memory would do it too. 256MB is a requirement.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
White Screen(Need Help)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 09:22:59 AM »
I hope that is not system memory, but video card memory.  Try disabling 'Hardware Vertex Processing' in the video setup of the game.  The SiS video chip has broken hardware 3D acceleration.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
White Screen(Need Help)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 09:36:51 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I hope that is not system memory, but video card memory.  Try disabling 'Hardware Vertex Processing' in the video setup of the game.  The SiS video chip has broken hardware 3D acceleration.

It is video card memory.  I've already tried disabling  Hardware Vertex Processing and that didn't work.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
White Screen(Need Help)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 10:23:46 AM »
Make sure you have directX 9 installed.

Also, the SIS chips  may run AHII although it will be very poor performance. I can get it to run on my laptop, with the SIS650 controller, but the performance is almost unplayable.

Which driver is currently installed for the SIS graphic controller?
You may need to update the driver as well.

cheers, and good luck.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
White Screen(Need Help)
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »
Check for an updated driver for the video card.  Many of the older SiS chips will not work as there is no driver support for DirectX9 available.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com