Author Topic: 1st short story movie by Spififing - Coldplay  (Read 551 times)

Offline Spiffing

• Copper Member
1st short story movie by Spififing - Coldplay
« on: January 09, 2006, 07:20:47 PM »
Think you'll like this, takes just a few seconds to download.

http://www.savefile.com/files/3484927

Comments please

Spiffing 367th Dynamite Gang

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 06:40:37 AM »
nice film..you have same prob i do..the graphics not 2 hot after rendering..converting to avi file always does this to me...i could not get an answer for fix so i stopped making films :( lemme know if you find one

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 07:24:01 AM »
Nice film! Good music.

I especiall liked the scene where the plane seems to fly through the screen. Very well cut.
Thanks for sharing!

PS: Is there a reason why the audio track is so much longer then the vid part?
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Spiffing

• Copper Member
ty
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 08:56:43 AM »
If anyone does have a solution to the loss of quality then please post a fix.
Ty for comments. I have another in the works.
Spiff

Offline Spiffing

• Copper Member
Audio outrunning film
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 08:59:40 AM »
I dont have an audio that runs longer than the film, thats odd. The audio should cut out after the last Niki lands and stops. I really have no idea why the audio would appear to outlast the visiual film.  Could it be something to do with play speeds on different PC's?
I'll look into it.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 09:36:05 AM »
2:18 the video stops, right along with the fadeout of the music.

The whole film is 6:54 though, black screen and audio (film music repeating twice).

As for the quality: When do you loose it? When recording the avis off the ahf, or after editing when saving the whole thing as a movie?

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168392

I usually record with the viewer maximised and get pretty high quality avis out of that. After editing with WMM i render the film and dont give it a fixed res but rather a max file size, with about 6-8 MB per minute.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 12:49:43 PM »
i rarely download films, but this one had coldplay in the title.

good music, film not bad either :)
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Spiffing

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 12:52:12 PM »
I think I lose quality after i record a scene in fraps, then import it into WMM and play the clip. I guess fraps creates an avi so thats when i lose quality.
Have to check.

Couple of q's if you don't mind
1) What does render the film mean in film language?
2) Also, in response to you're earlier post - see below, I have the same problem, every time I try to record with F9 it resets my views, took me ages to do my film, how can I prevent this? Thanks

"PS: Make sure the vid capture key doesnt have any function in the viewer. I had F9 at the beginning, which always put me back on snap view and pos1 when starting to record. Very annoying.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 12:57:01 PM by Spiffing »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 02:27:10 PM »
'render' might be translational garbage on my part. Sorry - no native english here :o . I meant after having imported the avis, added the soundtrack and all editing, you save the project as a film (ie when the WMM creates the wmv file).

"Save as film", on desktop, "optimum file size". For your 2 mins id go for about 15 MB.

I use 'R' as my recording hotkey. Ingame thats mapped to 'combat trim' - its doesnt have any function with the film viewer. I guess any key that doesnt change the view, viewpoint, head position (ie everything besides the F-keys, keypad, arrow and PgUp/Dwn) would work.
F9 is mapped to 'snap view' ingame and also works when watching a film in the viewer, ie every time you start recording, you change view mode to 'snap' and the viewer goes back to default position.

Right click on the avis recorded by fraps, check properties, file info. Mine usually are about 900x700, 30 fps, 12 Bit.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 02:29:40 PM by Schatzi »

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 02:55:31 PM »
spiffing, it was good, but next time you need to press z with the external views. it zooms in better and stops that 'fisheye' effect on the perspective

good film though, it was exciting, dont quite know why, but it was just naturally a cool film to watch. with a little practise you could be pretty good at that:)

Offline Spiffing

• Copper Member
Responses
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 03:52:24 PM »
Ty for all you're help and input chaps, I'll be changing a few things when trying a second one. I'll post that too. See you up there!
Spiffing