Author Topic: Things I've learned as a father  (Read 882 times)

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Things I've learned as a father
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2001, 06:20:00 PM »
My favorite Mark twain quote...

...When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2001, 06:32:00 PM »

Originally posted by sling322:
Oh jeez skernsk.....bleeeech.  

You tryin' ta git kicked outta tha squad or whut?    

Seriously though....no kids myself yet, but I have learned a thing or two from my nephews (age 6 and 2)

The correct answer to every "Why" question is.....  because.

Yanno...I tried the old tactic of turning the tables on my son...he kept asking me why questions...I finally said
"why do you ask so many questions?"

To which he answered without even missing a beat

"because I'm 6!"

Mk10=Ravens

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2001, 02:31:00 PM »
1.  If you have something really, really important to do, whether it's "squad night", work, or much-needed housecleaning, your child will suddenly be sticken with an incurable case of insomnia, that can only be rectified by watching really crappy videos with them.

If you have absolutely NOTHING to do, there's nothing good on TV, your squaddies are taking the night off, and you had a big evening of Candyland and card games planned, your child will fall into a deep slumber at 8:15pm on the couch.

2.  Children don't care that you've just fried chicken using your grandmother's recipe, that the mashed potatoes are made from scratch using red potatoes, or that you cooked green beans from the farmer's market.  All things considered, they would have preferred Kraft macaroni & cheese.

3.  The only time a child will beat you to the door after the doorbell rings is when they are not wearing clothes.

4.  No matter what the size, clothes they do not want to wear will not "fit."

5.  Without even being able to read prices, children will always pick out the most ridiculously expensive popsicles on the first try.

6.  Children will only pick up the phone if it's an important business call.  A child can detect the ring of a phone solicitor, and will always avoid them like the plague.

7.  After only a few minutes of being wrapped up in a blanket, cats get eerily quiet.

8.  No one's children are as intelligent, good-looking, and neat as yours.

9.  All wrongs can be instanly righted with a big hug, a kiss, and the statement, "You're the bestest Daddy in the whole WORLD!"

Mk

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2001, 02:43:00 PM »
Mk, ask my squaddies, everytime we have Squad night or our monthly MAG-33 get together, and We're 2 min from rolling a ton of aircraft, thats when my 2 year old comes into the office with the biggest dang 'blow out' you've ever seen, dripping down the legs, stinking the place up, wifes always working those nights, ITS A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU, IT IS!  

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2001, 04:02:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Mk, ask my squaddies, everytime we have Squad night or our monthly MAG-33 get together, and We're 2 min from rolling a ton of aircraft, thats when my 2 year old comes into the office with the biggest dang 'blow out' you've ever seen, dripping down the legs, stinking the place up, wifes always working those nights, ITS A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU, IT IS!  

Thanks for the visual! Excuse me while I go throw up about half a pound of sushi...