Author Topic: Need Help with Jug Reversal  (Read 1240 times)

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Need Help with Jug Reversal
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 10:33:19 PM »
I would actually turn against the lala... the jug turns better then you think...

Also barrell rolls are very effective... with use of flaps and rudder you can actually make them very tight... depth wise I mean you can virutally make them into more or less a loop which goes cross your own flight path... very effective way to get behind the target...

Its usually quite hard for the enemy to judge the depth of your barell roll which makes it even more effective.

Usually what I do is I do a short break to one side to get the enemy thinking Im gonna star turning then I pull it up into a very tight (depth wise) barrell roll. Best case this puts me in behind the enemy, normal case the enemy breaks off and I can set up a merg, worst case the enemy gets a insde shot in the barrell roll which is quite uncommon.

While the Jug IS heavy, doesnt climb and doesnt turn that well you do have one thing... you have element of supprice.. if you do go into a E fight or a turn fight most pilots dont take you seriously... they dont commit as hard to it as if you where in something else... this gives you an advantage...

I do fly the jug quite agressivly and try to capitalize on just that fact... you would be suppriced how often you get kills this way..

Tex
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 10:36:32 PM by TexMurphy »

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 08:38:41 PM »
I alway impose an alt limit on myself when I'm in the P47, I give myself 6k, I NEVER go below that, no matter how tempting the target.
That leaves me room to roll and BNZ, pull up and then immelman at speed 270-300 +
If I'm coalt with something like a lala then I reverse right away, I merge and go under them slightly off centre and then roll on them, sometimes with a notch of flaps to get my nose on for a shot, I usually wait till 1.5 then reverse, or I do the usual which is pull a tight turn at 800, watch them and roll in what way they are going and fire,  6k comes and I'm gone.

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 08:46:22 PM »
JUG reversal.

Well Im no woman but that sounds about as painful as a ball reversal.

Glad to be of help

Balsy

Offline Streety

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2006, 09:05:09 PM »
Wow! Schatzi watching that was pretty cool, while your reversal didn't work, it was still very neat to see you pull off some of those moves! :)

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 05:14:37 AM »
If i see a plane closing on my six i just eject and get a new plane.

That way i get over the problem fast, without dieing a painfull death in a turnfight. New plane, climb, keep bnz attacks up :))