Author Topic: If Bombing in AH is so easy...  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
If Bombing in AH is so easy...
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 04:18:31 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
I tell them "Go hit that fighter hanger" and "Go hit that shore battery" but they just don't go there that easy. Ya got bomber sights Hooked into yer crusier guns?

Ya f'urgot to say "please."

---

I agree with the post above...F6-view bombing now is too easy.  I preferred it when bombing was tough and those who couldn't handle it just whined incessantly.  HT gave in to the wimps when he made that change.  :(
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »
HT porked the bombers, it now has ZERO chanllenge and so produces ZERO satisfaction.  What once required practice and some skill now can be done by a trained monkey...Ive even see Knits bombing succefully:lol   The entire strategic model is lacking these days.  There is little in the way of cooperation because it means nothing.

Now all cooperations gets you is a higher punative ENY limit, so its best NOT to take bases....really a pathetic low I am hoping the new combat tour will address this complete and total lack of any real tactical model, hence not much in the way of overall motivation to do much more than vulch.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 01:44:30 PM »
the bombing is made easy to counter act the overload ord on (mainly american) aircraft.

why spend ages perfecting your bombing when you can up a jug with 2,500lb bombs and rockets?

disable the overload ord and see more bombers, keep it to 8 rockets or 2 x 500lb bombs.

or make the penalty in performance for carrying ord on fighters far more.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 01:47:17 PM »
i dont mind how easy it is for bombers to bomb now. although i thought it was going to stop the NOE suicide tards, it didn't...

I do mind the unreal lazer guns that they have. next to the dive 400mph bombing B17's their guns are the gamiest feature in the game.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 02:27:42 PM »
Bombing easy?  :rofl

I dont even know how to bomb, the only thing I can do with them big and slow planes is carpet bomb and use them as gunships that I dont have the patience to fly for and hour and a half to get a bomber up to 20k and just bomb and rtb.

For only knowing how to carpet bomb, though, I have been able to do wonders.  Have killed many gvs in the past and alone this tour have killed 4 cvs.  :t
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2006, 04:06:49 PM »
Originally posted by Hoarach
Bombing easy?  :rofl

For only knowing how to carpet bomb, though, I have been able to do wonders.  Have killed many gvs in the past  

Only because there is little ground based defense against low level bombers. And more so if you go where the fighters aren't.

I don't think that this was a formation of Landcasters at 200 mph.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 04:10:36 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El

I don't think that this was a formation of Landcasters at 200 mph.

whats a 'Landcaster'?

Lancs do it from 60 feet anyway.

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2006, 05:23:11 PM »
Well for better or worse, I miss the days when a slew of high altitude bombers would try to sneak thru and bomb the HQ.  With the addition of the Ta-152, Me262, Komet and such, it was a real battle to get in, knock the radar down and get home alive.

Now hitting the HQ does nothing, heck its back up before you land if you do hit it.

I'm hopeful the strat comes along soon.

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2006, 05:41:46 PM »
Its hard nuff trying to bomb the HQ you Literally have to make all of your bombs land on its roof x10 Squadies before it collapses. We went in with 8 Sets of lancs and the darn thing didnt dent :huh

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2006, 05:57:58 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
whats a 'Landcaster'?

Lancs do it from 60 feet anyway.

Psst, we're not talking about 608 squadron bombing dams.   We're talking about the Bombing a la Ho Chi Minh Trail.  

Masher

PS - Bombing IS Easy, gunning in a buff IS EVEN EASIER.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC