Author Topic: Some dirtbag cut my door to get in my unlocked Jeep!  (Read 846 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Some dirtbag cut my door to get in my unlocked Jeep!
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2006, 11:59:51 AM »
Bad luck
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Being armed does not help when someone does it when your not around.
You need the South African style flame thrower. Source: http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/flame.thrower.car/

Crime-obsessed South Africans have a powerful new weapon with which to stop likely criminals: the car flamethrower.

Casting a man-high fireball, reportedly with no damage to the paint, the Blaster has been placed on 25 South African vehicles since its introduction last month.

At 3,900 rand ($655), it offers a cheap, dramatic defense against carjackers. It has yet to be deemed illegal.

South African courts allow killing if convinced that it's in self-defense. The defense is not unheard of. In last year's 13,000 carjackings, criminals often brandished weapons or used them with little provocation.

The Blaster squirts liquefied gas from a bottle in the automobile's trunk through two nozzles, located under the front doors. The gas is then ignited by an electric spark, with fiery consequences.

Both sides flame at the same time, regardless of whether the attack is coming from just one side of the vehicle, or whether passersby are on the other side. But the breadth and depth of blast can be modified according to individual preference.
This report is from 1998. I don't know whether the flame thrower defence is still legal.

Just imagine - as well as guns, South Africans can have flame throwers to protect their cars! We could start having flame thrower threads - would make a change from gun threads. And all the South Africans could come along and crow that they have more "freedom" because they can have a flame thrower and no-one else can! :rofl

Well, I've never had a gun or a flame thrower, and in 33 years of car ownership I've never had a car stolen or broken into. :aok:cool:

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2006, 12:58:52 PM »
Well what do you expect with that gay bellybutton gear shift knob?  :p

Just kidding.

I hate seeing damage to any jeep.

I keep waiting for someone to break into my jeep.

I have an alarm that goes off if they even touch my jeep or if there is a lot of vibration nearby.

So far it's scared off a few kids but I haven't had any breakins.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2006, 01:42:29 PM »
South Africa is a whole nother ball game.  In South Africa, you are out of the norm if you can refil your gastank 5 times before your car is stolen / attempted to be stolen.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline *NDM*JohnnyX

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2006, 03:15:56 PM »
Hey cool! I can find out his address!

Seriously though, I've worked at an auto auction 7 years, we have locked cars/cars without a key come in all the time. I guarantee you I can make off with your car whatever it is no matter if you have an alarm in under two minutes. Best bet is to get a detachable racing style momo steering wheel, probably the only thing a thief wont have.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2006, 07:45:02 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
lol...not crying, just bringing it up.  :p  Odd you don't comment on others who bring up pink shorts or stealing scooters and tell them the same thing, but it is cute to watch you rush to MiniD's defense anytime you feel he is being "attacked".:aok

On one hand you have someone getting a good-natured ribbing (you and your sexy shorts), and on the other, there's you pouting like a little girl who just dropped her ice cream cone.  That's why I comment on one and not the other.  As for mini, he's sensitive, and I don't want to have to calm him down with a long walk on the beach again...but I do love him with all my heart...and weiner.  Don't be jealous though, 'cause there's enough SOB love to go around.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2006, 12:38:24 AM »
Man my poor Jeep.

I just had a budy nock off one of the fog lights when he backed into me to mess with me at a stop sign.

Niticed light flashing all around a block later and the light is hanging by the wire.

Solved my KC mounting location problem though. Now I will take the non broken one and use it as a backup light.

The mount for Factory fogs is plastic and it sheered right off.

We stood in the street laughing for five minutes! He did it with a suzuki Samuri lol. :D  I will post a pick before I put the new KCs on.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2006, 01:02:55 AM »
That's OK, you can get back at him by driving up along side him when he's moving and throw a tennis ball at the top of his Samurai...next thing he knows, the poor bastard will be flipped over on his roof!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2006, 01:07:07 AM »
He did get all insulted when I drove his little suzuki, when I got I said "well this is really small, like a clown car!"

Man that thing is like being shrunk and then put in a beer can.

I am totaly no upset at all about the fog light. They were useless and coming off anyway.

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2006, 02:48:55 AM »
This is all my fault.

I had no idea the doors were unlocked.:(