Author Topic: 109-K4 Jg27 white 6  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 08:58:40 AM »
will do guys.
 Thanks, those extra eyes help some times ya get so close to a skin you cant see what's in front of your face.
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 02:44:13 AM »
Raven,
any news about the K-4 skin?
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 07:15:51 AM »
Originally posted by gatt
Raven,
any news about the K-4 skin?

Not Yet.
 Haven't gotten anything saying they received anything in a long time I'm sure they are busy with CT.
~S~

Saadi

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 09:50:42 AM »
Originally posted by Kazaa
I got some pointers for the skin if you like.

The Yellow triangle is to high.

& the white on the rudder is too high also.

I disagree. The "6" is too low! The yellow triangle is mostly fixed to the panel lines, and on other 109s it's about the same spot. The "6" is too low, compared to the triangle and the cross on the fuselage. The white bar aft of the cross is too long, the bottom should be higher and the top where it is. I didn't notice these until you mentioned it.

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 02:12:53 PM »
I took a second look after the first post on it, and lined every thing up weeks ago before I sent it in.
 but thanks for looking out for me :aok
RaVe

Saadi

Offline JAWS2003

• Nickel Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 08:14:58 PM »
This is one sweet 109 Raven. :aok
 You'll see me in it....when you'll look in the mirror.:D

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 10:51:14 PM »
looks great but I dont like the tank rivets. 109s were flush riveted
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 12:27:48 AM »
don't they look flush? perhaps the screen shot was to far out ?

Citabria I have a question ...
 The rivets in the screen below are 1 pix but they look larger is there any trick to keeping this counter sunk look but at the same time have them appear more to scale? maybe drop the opps or one less layer of shading?
Thanks RaVe ~S~
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 12:30:51 AM by Nr_RaVeN »

Saadi

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »
I like that lower pic though I agree they look too large, I think if you somehow kept the 1 pixel white center of each rivet unblured in a separate layer and blurred the white and black around it and made them low opacity or fill that may be what you are looking for

dont forget to do everything visible from the cockpit shaded to look 3d from pilots perspective!!!  ie all 3d effects lines panels rivets shaded to look recessed or etc from pilots perspective if visible from cockpit. fuselage and undersurface would be normal but wings would be mirrored ie cut and paste and flip white panel line layer  so the white line is always on the inside of the black line on recessed panel lines on top of the iwngs and H stabs

my technique which I think I saw you post on is posted here:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164558

heres a summary of my method also posted on the link I think :D
I make them very transparent if your using photoshop adjust the transparency or fill to a very low setting and play with using linear dodge (white layer) and linear burn (black layer) this give the rivets more of the color of the fuselage and less black and whiteness. if using these effects linear dodge/burn works best by lowering fill % and leaving opacity high or at 100%.

now the deal with real planes especially painted planes is you are not gonna really see the rivets but you see exactly where they are from where they pull down on the sheet metal you might want to check out Airliners.net or some aircraft pic site and observe this for yourself  (trust me on this I am a licensed pilot Ive worked around airplanes for years sitting on top of the wings fueling them and I currently work with all kinds of metal (mostly aluminum) in a sheet metal shop and I have been studying this effect and a technique to reproduce it since I first tried my hand at skinning)

if your willing to invest the time in the most effective technique I have found is to shade the wing itself around the rivets with a layer of white and a layer of black around the rivets (fuselage: black above and ahead of the rivet lines, wings: black outboard and behind rivet lines) (fuselage: white below and aft of rivet lines) I then use a bit of bluring to soften the effect and make it transition and curve smoothly.

this is a new technique for me and I have only attempted it on my p38G lightnings and my P-51D mustangs (you can download them online and check them out offline if you want to see the results of his method.

the intent is to not rely on the rivets but on the actual sheet metal to describe the structure and surface of the plane.

both times I have tried this I used a small brush 2-4 pixels and only 13% opacity 13% fill (easy to remember :P) for black and white and used about three or so strokes on each little area and I left the layers at 100% everything.

you could experiment with making the brush 100% opacity and going back to the layer and lowering its opacity down to 13 or 30% or somthing thus your skin may have a more consistent shading effect all over.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 04:36:09 PM by Citabria »

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2006, 04:31:46 PM »
if youve downloaded my p51D skin you could look at the wing of it from the cockpit and notice you cant really see the rivets though you can see where they are because the sheet metal around them has been deformed where the rivets have pulled down on it.  also notice every little shading and panel line and rivet ( notice the riased rivets inboard of the gun bayall shaded from the pilots cockpit perspective) also you can see the rivets up close but further out on the wingtip you can only see where the rivets are by the shading around them on the sheet metal itself.

this rivet deformation is inherrent to riveting even new stuff and I see it on the sheet metal work I do day to day on newly rivets aluminum work. the rivets pull down a bit on the area around the rivet.

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2006, 06:09:40 PM »
Thank You very much for taking the time to make such thorough responce that's very useful info.
That kind of detail is what makes a skin great and That mustang is really great .

~S~RaVe

Saadi

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 05:33:03 PM »
That is BY FAR the best skin I have ever seen.  It looks photorealistic. Wtg. :aok
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 07:47:15 PM »
Glad you like her sir  thanks for the comp. hope HTC thinks so.

Saadi

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 06:58:39 PM »
Ditto.

Seeing one of your skins is enough to make amateuers like me want to hang up their guns and retire. :aok

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
109-K4 Jg27 white 6
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 08:32:02 PM »
Kweassa  you have some really nice A5's that ive seen too:aok

Saadi