Author Topic: my best flight ever in a fighter  (Read 505 times)

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
my best flight ever in a fighter
« on: January 24, 2006, 08:57:05 AM »
Everyone knows im not very good in a fighter,but last night i had the most fun flight i think ive ever had and id like to tell it

i took off from 17 i think in a 190a5 (my fav fighter)i decided to head to 18 999000 wasnt on so i was by myself i climb to about 12k since i didnt see any enemy i figured id hit the deck and maybe get some ack,as im diving i see someone upping a spit and ill admit it i vulched him as i extended out i look back and see a 51 on my 6 great here we go im going to die,but wait i decided id pull throttle way back make a turn as fast as i could and go back over base omg it worked 51 was to fast flew right by,what next id attack ack again same thing someone up vulch run.Well ifigured 2 good enough for me run!!!!!!as im running i see the 51 on my 6 400 out crap never going to make it  i hit wep and i did pull away but i still had him back there so i tried another turn it worked again holy crap!@but this time as i turned back so did he i didnt whant to ho him so i srayed a little pattern and turned right he went off smoking ok good enough for me go home@!!!!! as i get closer to 17 to land my 2 vulchs i see another 51 never goinjg to make it:( jst then i get the 3rd kill musta been the 51 i think ok sweet anyway srtill have the other 51 on my 6 bang i loose half of right wing but wait im 10 k and not dropping i call for help and anakin saves my hurt butt he says al;l clear i him and try like hell to concentrate trek2 ask me were i am i say hurt trying to land he walkjs me through throttle stay straight be patiant okokok wheels go down i hit runway and flip the 190 right over on its top argh noooooooooooooooooooooo but wait trek2 says i think you on runway i hit tower land 3 kills and feel great   wow that was fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11     sorry not a gloat just excided about it so 2 vulchs 1 kill who ever you are
THE NAME TATERTOT IS NOT FROM MY FAV FOOD !!!!!!

storch

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 09:06:44 AM »
might I suggest a visit to the AvA arena?  I wouldn't matter which side you played.  folks on both sides will clear your six and help you aquire or polish those fighter  skills.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 11:42:49 AM »
I'll wait until it goes to late war and I can get some decent guns. I tried it last night and had no fun with those spitwad shooting .303s.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 12:30:32 PM »
Way to Go !!! tater ...

Ephiphany ... you were about to give up when you made the decision to TRY and do something ... and not just be a drone. It worked for the most part, but the real important lesson here is that you TRIED.

Now take this little adrenalin rush and TRY some more ... don't settle for being a drone ... TRY something ... anything ... so what if you die. At least you died trying and TRYING leads to LEARNING, and learning leads to SKILL.

TRY + LEARN = SKILL

The next you know, you will not only have evaded your opponent, but you will then be TRYING to reverse him and go for the kill.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 12:38:28 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
I'll wait until it goes to late war and I can get some decent guns. I tried it last night and had no fun with those spitwad shooting .303s.

Those 303's should be taken seriously, I lose a lot of parts (mostly wings) to Spits and hurris in AvA

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 12:47:19 PM »
I good run in AvA is 3-4 kills. Most times I might get 1, sometimes rtb with damage and no kills. Theres something about that place that just makes ya wanna live more.

~AoM~

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 01:10:24 PM »
I see a future Furballer being Born :D
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 01:14:00 PM »
thanks guys it wasnt the fact that i landed the kills it like slapshot said its the fact i didnt give it up i would have in the past ditch or bailed but it was a real rush landing the way i did look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE NAME TATERTOT IS NOT FROM MY FAV FOOD !!!!!!

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 01:57:56 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman

What airscrew said.  If you are having probs killing with the mighty 303's then take a look at your conv setting and also your gunnery.  When I up my trusty Hurri Mk1 in the MA my conv is 175 inside bank and 150 outside bank.  If you are shooting them outside of 400....well might as well not shoot em.  They are a big change from the uber cannon found on most planes.

Also WTG Tater :)  It just gets better from here ;)

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 05:50:38 PM »
tater in a fighter landing kills.  make peace with your god. the world is ending