Author Topic: 109F Stab 1./JG52  (Read 436 times)

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
109F Stab 1./JG52
« on: January 28, 2006, 08:05:45 PM »
Cant find anything but this photo. I'm using a bit of creative license on this one. If anyone can find more about it please let me know
~S~ RaVe

Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
109F Stab 1./JG52
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 10:43:25 PM »
are 109F-2 skins allowed?  We have 109F-4

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
109F Stab 1./JG52
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 11:29:08 PM »
I'm not positive but I have read some posts that indicated that if the Ac was in the same family that one could substitute
not really sure.

Saadi

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
109F Stab 1./JG52
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 11:44:38 PM »
It seems everyone who does a Fritz choses an F-2...

If the choice is made due to the color schemes then the F-4s were just as colorful as the F-2s. The F-2 and F-4 were different planes not just in regards to numerical designation but in very meaningful ways.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109F Stab 1./JG52
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 11:37:52 AM »
One problem with the way you did the skin, it's not really like that when you examine it closer. Hold on let me find the 1-2 images I have on it.

EDIT UPDATE:

I had a low quality profile of it, but cannot find that at the moment. I found 3 pictures of a model that, while subjective, give you a better idea of how the camo should be laid out. There are actually 2 colors (and my profile showed this, too, I think) and the demarcation is more crisp.

EDIT 2: I just noticed: Look closely at the image you posted, and you can make out the different colors, and it's more crips like the model pictures.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 11:47:47 AM by Krusty »

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
109F Stab 1./JG52
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 01:22:02 PM »
That's what I needed. Thanks Krusty.
 were did you come up with that?
 I've been looking for a week.

I was about to send that skin   to the recycle bin.

It just does not look right to me. Just had to much air brush ,It looks like a lightening storm going on .

I was seeing a greenish shade in the photo but I thought it was just the old color photo playing tricks and not accurate. but its a grey tone I see .

I wasn't going to go-ahead with the shading, highlight. texture ,weathering, and depth layers, to make the skin pop to life.

But with this more detailed photo to work from I think Ill push it forward.
Thanks Allot.
~S~
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 01:28:08 PM by Nr_RaVeN »

Saadi

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109F Stab 1./JG52
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 01:40:38 PM »
No problem! Had I your photo (real war-time photo, or even a detailed profile) I'd have tackled it. I don't find model photos to be reliable. I will use them for an example of a pattern, or for ideas of how a camo wraps around an area, but if it's just photos of a model I don't feel I have enough sources to continue in good faith. Now 3rd party high-quality decal sheets, like Eagle Scale Decals or the like, usually do their own research and I trust that they found enough sources to make their decisions, so they hold a lot more weight (for me).

I couldn't find anything past this one model's photos. Then again, I rely heavily on web searches for my sources.