Author Topic: Datek..and their AOL 14.4 server!!  (Read 257 times)

TheWobble

Datek..and their AOL 14.4 server!!
« on: January 18, 2001, 08:07:00 PM »
 Like many other people I do online trading, I use datek because they are cheap and I like their streamer, but I have a real gripe.

Like many people I like to watch things and then buy/sell a given stock just as the market is about to close.  Today I went to make a VERY important sell about 15 miniutes before close.  I wanted to dump about 60 shares of a company that I bought for $120 per share each the other day and in the last 2 days have been cimbing well today I figured they would reach a peak of about $170 , however near the end of the day it had only risen to a tad over $160 but I was getting cold feet so I decided to sell, so i try to get the order through.....nothing....nothin g... 3 miniutes left to go...nothing net dead...I check yahoo and other web sight they work fine, switch back to datek...nothing...hourglass.. .time expires.  The friggin order didnt go through Immediatly I ran Visual route to their server.  My ping up to them was 90 then it hit their server and shot up to 3000 and %75 packet loss, then about 10 min after trading day was over i checkd again and everything was fine..  My only conclusion is that they were overloaded by the amount of people on.  I understand that concept aswell as anyone, but cmon this is a VERY time constringent process here, miniutes can translate into thousands, even millions of dollars lost.. I am very upset because of this happeneing and was wondering if anyone else trades?, and if so anyone else have this problem?