Author Topic: Fw-190 tips (a must read if you want to survive 1944-1945...)  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Fw-190 tips (a must read if you want to survive 1944-1945...)
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 05:42:17 AM »
Originally posted by IK3

Im not subrcribed yet but imo i think im "good enough" to fly the 190 against the top .0000000001 percent of players in AH:)

IK3, son, don't take offence at what I'm about to say... I just want you to avoid a burning disappointment when you'll subscribe... raise that percentage... raise it a lot!
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 08:26:25 AM »
Most of that advice can be applied to any fighter in the ETO, you fly to survive, as part of a team. Dont climb in an area with enemy fighters above you, extend out first, dont get caught in low level furballs unless you want to die, and keep your attacks to single passes. Dont follow an e/a down to the deck just to get a kill. Keep enough alt for an escape if things go badly. Learn that real victory is returning to base, its not about bragging about how many kills you got. Guys that fly with the intention of being ace of aces in the 1st 10 missions are going to be getting letters to their virtual loved ones "we regret to inform you..."

A lot of the talk always quickly degenerates to "1 vs 1" scenarios. CT isnt the DA, so I wouldnt put too much stock in most of that stuff. If you get shot, more than likely you didnt even see it coming.

As far as HOing, I would not advise that as a habit in any fighter. The 1st time it goes badly your "avatar" will be KIA or a out with a bad wound. Its not like the Arenas where you can just say "oh well" and re roll < which is what HOers do.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »
Well said Squire,you should charge for advice like that.:aok