Author Topic: No points for 40 kills in a Tiger  (Read 407 times)

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
No points for 40 kills in a Tiger
« on: February 06, 2006, 06:04:03 PM »
HiTech

I thnk there has got to be an error here somewhere.  I was killed in a Tiger on an enemy base after scoring exactly 40 full kills plus some number of assists. The Tiger cost around 61 perkies, when I checked in hangar, my points were listed as (-59.59). Now I did not expect to recover all points for the Tiger, but 40 kills on a base where I was overwhelmed by enemy GV's should not give me a net of 1.41 points. If I haven't misunderstood the indicated points, then this is so wrong on so many levels.

Please advise.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 08:17:02 PM »
cost of perk planes=plane cost X perk point bonus

perk points earned=sortie perks earned x 1/over/perk point bonus

perk bonus=1///over///players in your country///over///total players online x 3 then to the 3rd power.

meaning most of the things you killed were prob panzers and m16s/flaks

killing a panzer with a 30 eny with your tiger 5 eny with a perk mod of 1.00 would only give you .1666666666666667 perks IE .16 perks. And thats only panzers if you killed an m16 it would be like under .10 perks and flaks would be around .20 pekrs or so. And you had to have gotten proxy kills. Also you stated tigers cost 61 perks saying your perk mod was under 1.00 so must have been in 80 range takeing away som perks. panzers giving you .10 perks prob. And you died so that might take away some?

does that help?
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 03:58:47 AM »
Sorry, none of that made sense.  I killed 40 panzers, T34's and flakpanzers, no M16s, no M3's, no M8's.  i killed them all, no proxies.  I also assisted on at least 6-8 others.
I was killed with at least 6 enemy GV's out and around me.  I got a subtraction of 1.41 points from my cost of the Tiger 61 points.  
I just now, got 19 kills, same scenario, but Tiger cost 69 or 70 points.  Was killed again, my score was -71 points.
This is (no pun intended) pointless.  Tigers should earn some points for high kills score just on principle.  If not then the formula is WRONG, and should be changed.
I don't expect 10 or 15 points necessarily, but killing 20 to 40 in a multi-GV engagement even in a Tiger should be rewarded with 6 or 7 points at least. If I shoot down 10 planes in Tempest I would get more points than this.
I now know why SCDR left the game because of the way the GV side was modeled.
Great game, but too many aggravating and stupid holes in it.  Never understand people who don't want to put out a quality product all the way around.  Just my opinion I guess.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 04:53:21 AM »
If your team has an advantage in numbers watch the perk multiplier. It changes a lot.

If your tiger cost 70 perks, your country had a pretty big advantage so the multiplier was probably around .5 or .6

So...

16 panzer kills = 30/5 = .17 * 16 = 2.72 * .6 = 1.63
You died so multiply that by .25... 1.63 * .25 = a whopping .41 perks awarded.

And keep in mind, the cost of the tiger can change just before you spawn, so when you see a larger amount of perks deducted than when you were in the hangar the cost may have changed by one or two points just as you spawned.

Tigers are perked for a reason, as are some planes. They level the playing field. If you feel you can't afford to lose major perks in a perk ride, don't fly it because 8 out of 10 times you WILL lose them. And NEVER take a tiger to an enemy base unless you are 100% certain you want to lose the perks for the tiger. :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 06:01:09 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 05:58:06 PM »
From the rare times I bother with a perk ride I am under the impression that the penalty for death is the points it's worth at the time of your demize.  IIRC the last 262 I ripped the wings off of cost me 5 more perks than I bargened for, but matched the current rate that was displayed when I imediatly went to the hanger. Or am I just confused again?:rolleyes:
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 07:28:54 PM »
my squadie dog938 killed 80 or so tanks i say 70 were panzers and 10 were tigers. he only got like 10 perks and our perk mod was 1.20 ish. and my old squadie chesters landed like 46 in a tiger and got like only 6.
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 12:45:10 PM »
You got perks for the kills. You just didn't get what you thought you deserved. Tigers are very deadly machines & if they paid out perkies in the same manner they paid out to panzers....evryone would be in Tigers before long & the panzers & T-34's would be "hangar queens"; The T-34 is nearly one now. I scored 15 kills a couple of nights ago on the Fester map while attacking one of the southern bases in my Tiger - all panzer & Tiger kills ( five Tigers btw ) & I was only awarded in the 1.71 (est.) range for perks. One way to end your frustration with the balance part of the program would be to only up perked vehicles after assessing the situation & sticking close to concrete. Bring on the Panther as a mid-range perk tank & you'll have something fast enough for T-34's & strong enough to deal deadly blows to Tigers. That would enable those of us who don't like losing at times; nearly a 100 perks to dive bombing Lancs while trying to defend a base, to still have a balanced chance at succeding. Just my opinion. I am aware others will vehemently disagree. (and forgive my spelling-been outta school a long time)